Final Day - spend time in Ft Lauderdale or Miami

meldreth

On our final day we could either spend time in Ft. Lauderdale (where we disembark) or Miami before our flight to London which leaves Miami about 9.30pm. We can take the airport shuttle at any time, so my question is where is best to spend the day Miami or Ft. Lauderdale? I had thought we could leave our luggage at airport and then go off somewhere in Miami - which place would give us an enjoyable last day? We have already done an Everglades tour so don't want to repeat that. Apologies if this has been asked dozens of times.

Edited by meldreth

If you haven't been to Miami Beach/South Beach, for sure that's where I'd go. It's great for people watching, taking in some nice tours of the area, beach walks, shopping etc. It's the area you see in movies and tv.

Lots of details for you to work out tho. BUT...if you CAN get rid of your bags, you can take the airport bus right to South Beach for less than $3.00 and return the same way to the airport. VERY convenient for you.

You can read about it here and find other helful links at this site

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34438-i92-k3298088-2_35_bus_from_Miami_Airport_to_South_Beach-Miami_Florida.html

Edited by eandj

Definitely hit South Beach with that time window.

Airport shuttle after the cruise to MIA. I am almost positive that they have a Luggage Storage area where you can store your bags for the day.

From MIA, like eandj suggested, they have an Airport Flyer Bus that runs from the airport every 30 minutes and will drop you at South Beach. This bus runs all day and you can return back on it as well. It's only like $3 per person.

Do whatever you want to do really in South Beach, especially if you've never gone.

I would go ahead to Miami and spend the day.

I would get a day room in South Beach so I could hang by the pool, shower, go out and get a nice meal, relax, then head to the airport at 7PM.

That way you don't have to go to the airport twice. The airport is not convenient or quick to get in and out of. It will eat a chunk of your day up if you try and head over there with your luggage to check it in.

Edited by BlueHerons