NCL adopts some 'Dynamic Dining' features

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/11358-norwegian-cruise-line-enriches-culinary-offerings-and-onboard-dining-program.html

Norwegian Cruise Line has adopted some of the enhancements made by RCI with Dynamic Dining.

While some preferred to concentrate on the similarities with NCL's Freestyle system, NCL realized the benefits of some of these enhancements.

In keeping with the line’s Freestyle Cruising, Norwegian is also making it easier than ever for guests to further customize their vacation experience by offering the ability to make reservations for complimentary dining rooms up to 90 days prior to the cruise date. With reservation times at 5:30 pm, 6:30 pm, 7:30 pm, and 8:30 pm, the new system provides guests the option of selecting a dining time during any evening of their cruise, for a party size of up to 12 guests.

The thing that caught me was "and offer an increased variety, with up to 12 starters and up to 15 entrees per evening". Considering how sparse RCCL's menus are and that they remain stagnant for ever I'm curious if NCL will offer that many different items per night. From what I've hear they work on a system of a standard classic menu and a rotating venue menu where as DD uses a standard venue menu and standard classic menu. Traditional dining has a standard classic menu and rotating main menu.

Edited by DEIx15x8

RCI and NCL currently have a similar system in their main dining rooms. Both have excellent specialty dining venues.

This new NCL menu will only now offer a little more variety in the main dining room. The current NCL menus are much more 'basic' than RCI's, in my opinion. (only based on 3 NCL sailings this past year)

The key change was that they will now allow reservations in advance of the sailing, copying RCI's Dynamic Dining.

RCI current menus offer

Starters (12 minimum)

1 Chef Inspiration Appetizer

1 Chef Inspiration Salad

10 starters nightly

Entrees (12 minimum)

1 Chef Inspiration

6 Entrees nightly

5 Classic Entrees

(special order classics available and not on menu)

We do not know the full menus for the various dining rooms on Quantum Class yet, but only have sample menus.