Temps in the Caribbean in February

Singer4Him

We've only cruised in the summer and early fall, so I have no idea what the temps are normally like in the Caribbean in February. We're looking at a cruise to take with some friends (this will be their first!) and their anniversary is in Feb. Can anyone tell me if it will be warm enough to enjoy at that time?

Cruised a few times in February and weather was in the 80s except one cruise where we wore sweatshirts and jeans in Key West and the Bahamas. I actually ordered a hot chocolate at Atlantis. I'm sure that weather is an exception, but could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sailed to Key West, Freeport, & Nassau in March 2013 on the Carnival Magic. Tee-shirt and shorts weather in every port. Snorkeled in both Key West & Freeport even with the water being pretty cold. I suggested to my 17 & 20 year old nephews we check out Junkanoo Beach in Nassau and the both said, "Pass, no more freezing cold water this trip"!

Edited by Star24K

Typically, the weather in the Bahamas and in the Caribbean is pretty nice in Feb. I do remember one year, on an Eastern Carib. itinerary, our first stop was in Nassau. The morning temperature there was about 68 degrees F. Since we had left snow and 30 degree weather at home, it felt good to us, and nearly everyone coming off of the ship was wearing shorts and t-shirts. However, we saw several Bahamians wearing long pants and light jackets. I guess if you're used to temps. in the 80's & 90's, anything much below 70 might seem a little cool. I've heard this to be true for some Floridians too.

LOVE cruising in February... It's normally 80s in port of the Caribbean! And sailing from Galveston or NOLA, it it normally the afternoon of the first sail day that it's nice and warm -- even when we've left SNOW in Texas!!! :)

Enjoy this month -- the prices are GREAT and the lack of children is wonderful!!!

Our most favorite time of year to sail Caribbean is Jan/Feb......in the 80's and very little rain at that time of year there....PERFECT weather.....especially when leaving the cold and snowy Midwest.....LOL!

Edited by buddylover