Pricing question

I tend to check almost daily to see if there are price changes, etc. on the cruise I have booked for next February. Since the BOGOHO sale ended, it doesn't seem that there is any Crown and Anchor discount applied at all.....it's the same rate if I were a first time cruiser vs. getting a discount for being C&A. It used to be that once I logged in, it showed a slightly better price once the C&A discount was applied by logging in. I thought that C&A discounts applied to all cruises, that's what I was told over the phone....that's the "new" program. But, apparently not. Has anyone else encountered this?

Either way, we actually booked *before* the sale and got a better rate than *with* the sale. (We actually paid $1k less INCLUDING pre-paid gratuities than current list price for the same cruise WITHOUT gratuities for our family of 4 in a D1 on FOS.) But, I am trying to understand the C&A discount???

I tend to check almost daily to see if there are price changes, etc. on the cruise I have booked for next February. Since the BOGOHO sale ended, it doesn't seem that there is any Crown and Anchor discount applied at all.....it's the same rate if I were a first time cruiser vs. getting a discount for being C&A. It used to be that once I logged in, it showed a slightly better price once the C&A discount was applied by logging in. I thought that C&A discounts applied to all cruises, that's what I was told over the phone....that's the "new" program. But, apparently not. Has anyone else encountered this?

Either way, we actually booked *before* the sale and got a better rate than *with* the sale. (We actually paid $1k less INCLUDING pre-paid gratuities than current list price for the same cruise WITHOUT gratuities for our family of 4 in a D1 on FOS.) But, I am trying to understand the C&A discount???

If you mean the discount that used to be called C&A Savings Certificate, that can come & go whenever Royal wants. If you mean the C&A balcony discount, that should be available for any cruise in which you are booked in a stateroom with a balcony.