NCL Check In Question

Question about NCL cruise reservation...

It has been several years since I last cruised on NCL. My friend and I are booked on the Sept. 20 sailing on The Getaway. Our travel agent (a friend of my traveling companion) booked our cruise and put it on my friends credit card. I then sent my friend the money for my half of the cruise. I went in and filled out all of my check in information yesterday, but I didn't see anywhere to give your credit card info. All of my charges will be on my own card. My last few cruises have been on Princess and there is a section in the check in info to register your credit card info. Will they just take that info when we check in at the port? I couldn't remember from my last cruise on NCL which was 2009. Thank you for your help in jogging my memory....guess that is what happens when you near 60...

Question about NCL cruise reservation...

It has been several years since I last cruised on NCL. My friend and I are booked on the Sept. 20 sailing on The Getaway. Our travel agent (a friend of my traveling companion) booked our cruise and put it on my friends credit card. I then sent my friend the money for my half of the cruise. I went in and filled out all of my check in information yesterday, but I didn't see anywhere to give your credit card info. All of my charges will be on my own card. My last few cruises have been on Princess and there is a section in the check in info to register your credit card info. Will they just take that info when we check in at the port? I couldn't remember from my last cruise on NCL which was 2009. Thank you for your help in jogging my memory....guess that is what happens when you near 60...

You'll be asked for a credit card for your onboard account when you check in at the port. NCL doesn't ask for it in advance as some of the others do.

Yes, they'll take your credit card info when you check in. You probably already thought of this, but you may want to bring a copy of any onboard credit your cabin has, from NCL and/or the travel agent, just to make sure you get what you're entitled to. When you check in, ask the agent how/if the OBC has been split. e.g. let's say you have 200 in OBC, can they put half of it on your account and half on your friend's.

Yes, they'll take your credit card info when you check in. You probably already thought of this, but you may want to bring a copy of any onboard credit your cabin has, from NCL and/or the travel agent, just to make sure you get what you're entitled to. When you check in, ask the agent how/if the OBC has been split. e.g. let's say you have 200 in OBC, can they put half of it on your account and half on your friend's.

The agent checking you in cannot see any OBC. They work for the port authority, not NCL. OBC is not put on your account until overnight the first night. AFAIK you cannot tell them how to split it...it will go where the TA or person purchasing the OBC says. NCL usually splits any OBC they give evenly between the first two people in the cabin.

Edited by peg013