Camp carnival

MrsAReid

Good Morning! My DS is 2 years old so he will be able to do the Camp Carnival this year on our Carnival Fascination Cruise so I would like to know

What do they do? Do they do different things every day? Do they have lunch?Do they have a snack? swimming? How do the sign in/out policy work? Do anyone have a copy of the activities they will do on Carnival Fascination?

ALL info is great! Thanks!! :)

They will do things age appropriate for your child. Read to them play with block...you know the things 2 yr olds do. Swimming...no, you will have to do that. They did lunch with my 5 and 9 yr olds, but IDK about 2. They also took them to dinner. They do ask on sea days that you pick your kids up for lunch. but they will keep them on days you are off of the boat if you don't want to take them or can't because an activity can't involve someone so young. Hope that helps!

My youngest was 2 on her first Carnival Cruise, she had a good time but sometimes it was a bit over whelming for her and we were sometimes called to come get her. She also was able to curl up in a corner when she was tired and sleep even though the chaos of play swirled around.

They group the 2-5 year olds together, but often its a larger combined group.

They colored and made things, they watched movies, danced and had general playtime. Mine was lucky that her older sister was 5 and was in the same group. They have been in seperate groups ever since. Yes they did take them to dinner and sometimes to lunch in the buffet.

As she got older and began to attend school she was far less over whelmed.

In general the did a fine job with my 2 YO and I would not change anything from that voyage.

Good Morning! My DS is 2 years old so he will be able to do the Camp Carnival this year on our Carnival Fascination Cruise so I would like to know

What do they do? Do they do different things every day? Do they have lunch?Do they have a snack? swimming? How do the sign in/out policy work? Do anyone have a copy of the activities they will do on Carnival Fascination?

ALL info is great! Thanks!! :)

Only people you specifically authorize will be able to sign him in or out. You will also get a phone so they can contact you.

At 2 our son would sometimes do Camp Carnival and sometimes he wouldn't. We would also have to go get him sometimes. Just try it and see how it goes. Good luck!

You can check him in and out whenever you want as long as Camp Carnival is open. Having the phone is nice because when your child needs you they can call you and you know that if they don't call then he is fine. When our kids where 2 they didn't stay a long time in camp, an hour here and there but when they were in Camp for the most part they were happy to be there and the activities were very age appropriate and very well supervised. All three of our girls are cuddly and we were especially pleased to see the warmth and comfort of the many excellent camp staffers.

Happy cruising! We love taking our kids on a cruise it's the best of all worlds, mom gets time to just be and the kids get fun activities but you still all get to do the cool stuff together. It's a different pace to cruise with your children but so far for us, it's worth it. We can cruise alone when they are all grown up :)

Yes, you can sign him in and out whenever you want. Its not a set time for drop offs and pick ups.

you will need your sign and sail card and your photo id.

-- camps are not opened all day

they open at 10am on sea days.

Close for lunch at 12:40

opened at 2 and close for dinner at 5pm and opened again at 7 and fee based starts at 10pm

activites in this group are done in 30 minute increments.

they do not feed them-- there is water they can drink.

they do have dinner but you have to drop them off at the lido for that dinner.

camps will NOT take the kids swimming. They stay in the room the entire time- they do not even venture out from the camp to go other places on the ship.

Phones initially go to the biggest needs children, such as special needs or the youngest children's parents, 2 YO's would be some of the first to get phones. They are the ones who need to be called about most of the Time. I got called once because she would not allow a diaper change for nothing. After that its as needed or first come. The counselors generally make that decision from what I have seen. Very few older kids got them.

They did feed them lunch in port if the parents were off the ship, otherwise they ask you to pick them up if you are onboard.

I have a peek at one from another ship.

Even if someone had one from today-- doesnt mean that will be the same when you sail.

Sailed the Pride-- and one month earlier someone mailed me the kids camp papers-- and i got her all excited-- to get onboard and NOTHING was the same.

Look at it-- just expect something else.

email me at serene56@aol.com

Does the 6-8 age group get phones as well?

We are sailing Carnival for the first time on Aug. 1st.

Thank you,

:)

No only the 2-5 and cell phones are for the 2 year olds and pagers for the older

Nothing for the 6-8

you can use a house phone to call the camp to find out how your child is doing.

There are closed circuit tvs outside so you can see how your child is doing

you will not be allowed in the room with the kids

• 1 month later...

While I like Camp Carnival we won't use it much. The key is to look at the schedule and find the fun things and let them go then. Story time is just that, storytime. But I also prefer to keep my kids with us during a vacation so while I want them to have fun, I also want to see them. My husband and I put our marriage first too, and we enjoy kid free time but vacations aren't the time for us.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

Can you sign your kid up for Camp when you get on board?

you can save yourself the trouble and do it online. But if not wanting to do it online they will have an orientation the first night onboard. (Usually right before dinner) with a family dance party right after.

if wanting to wait til you board to register-- I suggest to take a pen with you