Which Cave trip is the best?

beachluver9

There seem to be many different operators for cave tubing trips. Prior to choosing my guide, I want to know what the difference between the different caves, lagoons, etc. Most operators just take you through "a cave", but some give the specific names of the caves they go through. I don't know which caves/lagoons are the best or how they differ.

Does anyone know the difference between the caves and/or have a recommendation for which caves should be the target destination?

Most of the cave tubing vendors head for the same place, Nohoch Che'en Park, which is along the Caves Branch River. What differentiates the vendors is the mode of transportation to the site, type of tubes used, other amenities-like lunch, and inclusion or exclusion of other activities. Cruise ship sponsored cave tubing excursions are a bit more expensive, as providers have to share revenues with the cruise lines and may incorporate another activity.

Simply look at the reviews on this forum and check out the vendors website and select the one that might be best suited for your party. Also check with your ship's roll call. Sometime others are cave tubing and if certain # of tubers are reached, the vendor may be able to offer a more specialized tour without having to wait for others from other ships to arrive.

Most of the cave tubing vendors head for the same place, Nohoch Che'en Park, which is along the Caves Branch River. What differentiates the vendors is the mode of transportation to the site, type of tubes used, other amenities-like lunch, and inclusion or exclusion of other activities. Cruise ship sponsored cave tubing excursions are a bit more expensive, as providers have to share revenues with the cruise lines and may incorporate another activity.

Simply look at the reviews on this forum and check out the vendors website and select the one that might be best suited for your party. Also check with your ship's roll call. Sometime others are cave tubing and if certain # of tubers are reached, the vendor may be able to offer a more specialized tour without having to wait for others from other ships to arrive.

Thanks for the advice! Our cruise line (RCCI) has four different cave tubing excursions all sounding the same. They give the names of some caves, and sometimes not. I don't care about lunch, don't even mind carrying my tube. I want a quality tour that is not forced, rushed, or cutting corners to save $. And most definitely, don't want a strangers feet hooked in my arm pits (gross!)

The mention a lagoon, a dark cave, river, etc. I am wondering which is the best to see in such a short amount of time. I have seen many caves, so that isn't the attraction for me. I want to experience something natural/beautiful that isn't overrun with tourists

• 2 weeks later...

Carnivals crystal cave is the biggest misrepresentation...they are using the overcrowded segment of the river where all the cheap operators go. Would not chose them again, sorry for the bad review. Been there.

Carnivals crystal cave is the biggest misrepresentation...they are using the overcrowded segment of the river where all the cheap operators go. Would not chose them again, sorry for the bad review. Been there.

Thanks for the info. Crystal Cave was on RCCL's list as well. I will mark that one out!