Just back Coral Princess,Tour 1S

I'mGrammy

We just returned from Princess land tour 1S followed by the Coral Princess southbound. I'll be glad to try and answer any questions. Long story short - this was the most awesome experience of my life. Chat soon' date=' Eileen[/quote']

Eileen,

Can't wait to hear more. HD and I are 27 days away from our land/cruise on the Coral - also southbound. We are on 2S - so don't know if our land portion is the same, but would love to hear about your experiences.

As for the cruise, I do have a couple of questions (actually TONS but I'll limit myself ;) ).

Could you tell me which nights are formal? Do you remember if they offered wine tasting? Or who the Maitre'd was?

Oh, so many questions...so little time (I'm off to work now :rolleyes: ).

Thanks for posting.

Hi Cruisdiva,

We just returned from the Coral as well. The formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

They had 2 wine tastings, one was $7.50 and they will credit back $5.00 if you order a bottle. They also offered a Maitre'd wine tasting that cost $25 but the wines were first class, the last one being Opus One which is quite expensive. I did both. The Maitre'd Hotel is Generosa.

Ask for an egg crate mattress as soon as you board. Trust me on this unless you like hard mattresses with one inch clips stuck in your back. My wife is still complaining about her back.

Food was excellent. Entertainment was very good.

Have a great trip

Hi Cruisdiva,

We just returned from the Coral as well. The formal nights were Sunday and Thursday.

They had 2 wine tastings, one was $7.50 and they will credit back $5.00 if you order a bottle. They also offered a Maitre'd wine tasting that cost $25 but the wines were first class, the last one being Opus One which is quite expensive. I did both. The Maitre'd Hotel is Generosa.

Ask for an egg crate mattress as soon as you board. Trust me on this unless you like hard mattresses with one inch clips stuck in your back. My wife is still complaining about her back.

Food was excellent. Entertainment was very good.

Have a great trip

Thanks! Wow, you've answered everything...though I'm bound to think of more questions ;) .

As a matter of fact here's one: When is the Maitre'd wine tasting? I'm hoping it's the last sea day so DH can attend with me.

I know what you mean about the mattresses...thank God for eggcrates. I hope your wife is soon on the mend.

Thank again.:)

Hi Jmang66,

Great info thanks. One more question about the staff. Do you recall an Indian gentleman named Godwin on this cruise. He would have been at the Maitre'd Wine Tasting. He also may have been working the desk at the Boudreau Dining room for PC Dining.

Thanks.

Hi,

The regular wine tasting was on Sunday. The Maitre'd wine tasting was on Wednesday a half hour after we sailed from Juneua.

CruiseKing,

I do remember Godwin he was the Maitre'd in the Bordeaux Dining Room and was fabulous. He did present one of the wine selections in each of the tastings and treated my family great.

Hi Eileen-My husband and I are booked for next August on the Coral Northbound (only 369 days to go:p ). I would love to hear about the cruisetour you took and excursions you may have done. Any suggestions/feedback would be greatly appreciated.-Sue

Hi,

The regular wine tasting was on Sunday. The Maitre'd wine tasting was on Wednesday a half hour after we sailed from Juneua

Jmang66,

Thank you for all your help :D ....you've got ALL the answers ;)

I can't wait to see the Coral again.

Jmang66,

WOW, I wasn't sure you would know that one!!!! Thanx so much. We have sailed with both Generoso and Godwin and have stayed in touch with them. Although spotty due to the ship board life. DW and I look forward to seeing them again.

Thank You.

Hi Suze,

We took cruise tour 1S, which is 2 nights in Fairbanks, one in Denali, and one in Mt.McKinley. I'll be posting a review of this hopefully by next week. In Skagway, we took the Valley of the Glaciers helicopter landing. It was fantastic, and surely an experience well worth the money. We booked through Princess, and they use Temsco. In Juneau, we did the whale watch excursion, also through Princess. We saw a lot of whales, sea lions, eagles, and a whale breeching. In Ketchikan, we did a private tour of Saxman village. It was an interesting, 2 hr. tour, which left us plenty of time to explore the lovely town.

Re, the mattress, my husband and I loved the hard mattress, but that's just what we are used to. As far as the coffee, we are coffee drinkers, and only one time did we find it weak. It was actually quite good.

Archived