Need quick reply! Was offered royal family suite

We are booked for 2 connecting Jr Suites, was just offered an upgrade to a Royal Family Suite, is this a true upgrade? Should I jump on this offer?? I would be giving up both Jr Suites

Thanks

[quote name='tursia']We are booked for 2 connecting Jr Suites, was just offered an upgrade to a Royal Family Suite, is this a true upgrade? Should I jump on this offer?? I would be giving up both Jr Suites

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Only if it has two bathrooms. Ask RCI about it. :)

[quote name='tursia']We are booked for 2 connecting Jr Suites, was just offered an upgrade to a Royal Family Suite, is this a true upgrade? Should I jump on this offer?? I would be giving up both Jr Suites

Thanks[/QUOTE]

What ship and when ?

Just reading the title, I'm thinking "why is this even a question"? LOL. I would have jumped on it too. Not only do you get space, you get CL access and other benefits from being in a full suite.

Have had this suite! Great choice. You'll be very happy with the living room, huge balcony and suite perks. Second bedroom a little smaller, typical inside, but master bedroom is huge (by cruise standards). Enjoy!! Oh, expanded room service. We are not normally room service people, but breakfast on that balcony, or lunch on a sea day, my, oh my, oh my.

[quote name='coordinator23']Have had this suite! Great choice. You'll be very happy with the living room, huge balcony and suite perks. Second bedroom a little smaller, typical inside, but master bedroom is huge (by cruise standards). Enjoy!! Oh, expanded room service. We are not normally room service people, but breakfast on that balcony, or lunch on a sea day, my, oh my, oh my.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree! Love ordering room service from full MDR menu. In the evening we asked for a tablecloth. Soooo nice. Enjoy:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We too have stayed in this suite and while we loved the gold card benefits. In my opinion, the downfall for us, is the aft location. In addition, be prepared to walk - the rooms are quite a distance from elevators and stairs. We are not big fans of the rear facing balcony and much prefer port or starboard side rooms.

[quote name='Lisacruzzes']We too have stayed in this suite and while we loved the gold card benefits. In my opinion, the downfall for us, is the aft location. In addition, be prepared to walk - the rooms are quite a distance from elevators and stairs. We are not big fans of the rear facing balcony and much prefer port or starboard side rooms.[/QUOTE]

Those were the few downfalls I could see too. Our Jr suites were in a great location, gave us a huge double balcony and we were next to the elevators. The view off the back doesn't look quite as nice. It does however solve my issue with not wanting to eat in the Windjammer! I think we will be doing a lot of room service and I am SOOOO excited about the coffee options in the concierge lounge.

We shall see if the trade off is worth it. I will report back.

2 1/2 days of work and tons of packing still to do. I can't wait to get to Florida! Thanks everyone!

[quote name='tursia']Those were the few downfalls I could see too. Our Jr suites were in a great location, gave us a huge double balcony and we were next to the elevators. The view off the back doesn't look quite as nice. It does however solve my issue with not wanting to eat in the Windjammer! I think we will be doing a lot of room service and I am SOOOO excited about the coffee options in the concierge lounge.

We shall see if the trade off is worth it. I will report back.

2 1/2 days of work and tons of packing still to do. I can't wait to get to Florida! Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]

The aft view is awesome. You can also see both sides, not just one:). If you think the 2 JS double balconies were huge.....just wait. To me, the only downfall is the long walk. However it helped to compensate for all the extra food I ate;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums Edited by ARCruisinNana

We love the aft and if we were ever offered the suite we would jump at the chance. It is so serene to sit back and relax while watching the wake.
I don't understand those who complain about the long walk and being far away. We walk all over the ship anyway.
OP, you got a great upgrade that you should enjoy to the fullest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus the Royal Family Suites should give you access to the Concierge Club and other gold sea pass benefits (priority boarding/disembarkation, priority tender service, dedicated prime seats in the theatre, etc, etc). All good things and make the whole cruise experience a lot more interesting :)

[quote name='tursia']OK Jumped at that opportunity, looks like its going to be awesome!!!
Thanks 3 more days!!![/QUOTE]

We had the AFT RFS on Grandeur and loved it. It was just for 2 of us and we only ever used the 2nd bedroom for luggage.

My wife loved not having to share a bathroom with me.

Pics are at
[url]https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+StompyHollo/albums/5990706238358286097[/url]