I've never booked this far out before.

Boozebabe

I hope it's wonderful!! Can't wait to retire. ...my husband is done next month after 25 yrs and I did 28....our cruise is on Feb 2015...just want to vacation all yr long!!!

I know the feeling........... we will both be retired by December 2015 or could be earlier if the mood strikes. We did book our "we deserve it retirement cruise" a few days ago for Dec 2015, never have booked that far in the future before. We got the cabin we want & will keep checking for price drops.

Will be looking at a Carnival cruise or two to book in between now & that cruise since we enjoy each cruise line.

Happy retirement to everyone that is retiring ..............never thought it would get here !

We also booked quite far out this year for the first time!!

We don't leave until March 28,2015 and I think we booked it back in May!

We have lots of smaller land trips planned to Palm Springs, Maine, Maui etc. before our cruise next spring!

Being retired is just wonderful!!!

"MAUI" is a "smaller land trip"?? even from San Diego????? LOL We book much further out than 10 months, and we have survived each and every one without "small little land trips" in between to places like Maui.....LOL

Edited by buddylover

My husband has been retired for 10 years now (early out for him) but I have continued to work running my 2 businesses with my sisters. My screen name gives a hint as to my businesses. (we own liquor/wine stores) And you thought I was a drunk, didn't you? So now we are selling one of the stores so I can be about 95% retired. Travel is #1 on my bucket list right after getting the basement re-organized and cleaned. We have actually been blessed so that we have been able to travel pretty extensively. Trips always had to be planned around my sisters and all the employees vacations and more importantly the holidays. Now we will be able to decide today and leave tomorrow if we choose. Knowing that all the closings will have taken place way before january, I decided to go ahead and plan a warm weather getaway for after the holidays. As soon as we have a closing I plan on a trip to Vegas and maybe something else this year. But still its a long wait til January.