Moorea - anything near where tenders dock?

Ferndale Girl

We'll be on a Princess cruise and they have switched the dates on Bora Bora and Moorea with each other so probably won't be able to do all day independent tour we signed up for. I now signed up for a Princess tour that is from 9:30 to 1:00 but we don't leave until 6:00 p.m. Is there anything to do near the dock where the tenders take you? Any shops or restaurants? Is this a pretty area at all?

Moorea is very beautiful but very basic. When you come ashore from the tenders, there is nothing there really - just a parking lot - some of the locals will set up stalls and beyond that will be people offering independent tours. I think there was a general store type of thing a bit further down but that's it. You really need a vehicle to see the best of Moorea - be it ships or independent tour or just a taxi.

Your best bet in Moorea is to rent a car and drive around the island. Hilton offers day passes for a price and its a nice hotel with lovely snorkelling. The price also includes lunch.

I prefer the Sofitel personally because of its beach but they are fussy about letting people in.

We are on the Carnival Legend, arriving in Moorea on September 11th at 8:00 a.m. I have scheduled an ATV tour for the afternoon at 1:00. Is it possible to take a taxi to a beach in the morning for a couple of hours? What would it cost?

Thanks

We are on the carnival Legend, arriving September 11th at 8:00 a.m. In the afternoon, we have a tour at 1:00. Is there a beach close to the cruise terminal that we could take a taxi to for a couple of hours? how much would this cost? Thanks

Take a cab to Les Tipanier, that will be the least expensive beach to get to. Not sure how much though. Haven't taken a cab the last few times there.the island isn't used to such a big ship, not sure how the cabbies will react either!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Which cruise date did Princess change the itinerary?

It is the October 18th Hawaii, Tahiti & Samoa cruise from LA. Somehow we got lucky and some people who had originally signed up for our new day canceled so he was able to switch our tour to the day we will be there. This is an all day tour so now we'll have plenty to do.