Iconcierge app to message other family me members

pennydog24

I'm going on the Getaway next week and my 10 yo daughter asked why can't we use Viber. If we all get wifi, viber should be work the same, right? Also, does anyone know if you can get free wifi if you are in the Haven?

Thanks!

I'm going on the Getaway next week and my 10 yo daughter asked why can't we use Viber. If we all get wifi, viber should be work the same, right? Also, does anyone know if you can get free wifi if you are in the Haven?

Thanks!

I've no idea what viber is, but I'm assuming it's something that uses the internet, in which case you won't want to use it unless your budget is hundreds of dollars.

No free wifi or internet in the Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by KeithJenner

The "free" wifi you get is for onboard use only. You can not connect to the outside world with it. To get outside their system, you have to log into their "internet wifi" and pay $.40 to $.75 per minute.

The "free" wifi you get is for onboard use only. You can not connect to the outside world with it. To get outside their system, you have to log into their "internet wifi" and pay $.40 to $.75 per minute.

I thought they now base the WiFi packages on MB and not minutes?

I thought they now base the WiFi packages on MB and not minutes?

Some ships are trying that. Either way, you have to log into their internet and pay.

Edited by garycarla

Each person will need to install the app on their phone and pay the fee ($7.95?).

Also, only works on the ship and between people using that app.

Okay by reading this i'm assuming(I know not a good idea) that there is a way for $7.95 approximately that my daughter and I can communicate via our sell phones by using an application available on board the ship. If my assumption is correct could someone please tell me what it is and how it works and if it is available on the Norwegian Jewel. We both have iPhones. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated thank you

We had a group of 9 and used the app on our recent Getaway cruise. It worked very well and it was a great way to keep in touch or send a message to say when we were meeting up again, or even let someone know where you were going to be for the next few hours. I tend to let go of technology on a cruise, but with a bigger group, it was a convenient way to communicate. I didn't carry my phone with me everywhere, but if I returned to my cabin, a message would be waiting for me. It shows if a message was delivered or not, which was nice - and plays a little sound when a message comes in to alert you. There is a phone feature that lets you call each other, but we didn't use it very often, preferring to call from cabin to cabin. I don't remember if there was voice mail. I also used the app for checking my onboard expenditures, and even shore excursion options. Overall, it was quite helpful and worth the $. Does not work off the ship, in ports. It's attached to the ship's intranet so it's different than the ship wi-fi that you pay for by the minute (so using Viber would cost you more). Hope that helps :-)

Edited by ggcruiser

Okay by reading this i'm assuming(I know not a good idea) that there is a way for $7.95 approximately that my daughter and I can communicate via our sell phones by using an application available on board the ship. If my assumption is correct could someone please tell me what it is and how it works and if it is available on the Norwegian Jewel. We both have iPhones. Any and all information will be greatly appreciated thank you

Yes the two of you can communicate with the app but you don't have to SELL your phones to do it! :D

We'll be in a suite on our next cruise and NCL furnishes us a portable phone we can take with us anywhere on the ship.

We're traveling with friends who will not have a NCL phone.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to communicate if they get the iconcierge app and we use our NCL phone?

Yes the two of you can communicate with the app but you don't have to SELL your phones to do it! :D

LOL it's the silly AutoCorrect on the telephone but As high as some of the Internet bills get I would guess that some people are seriously thinking about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband and I just got back from a Getaway cruise and used the app. While we didn't really need it to keep up with one another it did come in handy to keep up with our cc friends from roll call! If someone decided to participate in an activity they could say "Hey I'm going to the mojito tasting at 3 anyone want to join?" Then whomever was interested would chime in. So I agree the larger the group you will be keeping up with the more useful it is.

We'll be in a suite on our next cruise and NCL furnishes us a portable phone we can take with us anywhere on the ship.

We're traveling with friends who will not have a NCL phone.

Does anyone know if we'll be able to communicate if they get the iconcierge app and we use our NCL phone?

I don't know from experience but I have been researching the app as well for my upcoming trip and from what I've read, once you pay for the app you get a phone number that you should be able to call from your suite phone. I read about one person using it as an emergency contact for their child in camp.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app