Cabana Question

TidePrideGA

Silly board - it posted my thread, but not my message :mad:

Does anyone have a list/map whatever of the locations of the cabanas? We decided to splurge and rent one, but there were only 2 left - terracotta and orange. Since I don't think I could spend the day in an orange cabana (football rivaly thing), we went with terracotta. Since it was one of only two left, I'm assuming it's way down the beach - is that correct?

I've also heard that if you like less crowds, way down the beach might not be a bad thing. With the cabana service, it's not that inconvenient since you don't have to fetch your own drinks, etc. Would this be true?

TIA!

Silly board - it posted my thread, but not my message :mad:

Does anyone have a list/map whatever of the locations of the cabanas? We decided to splurge and rent one, but there were only 2 left - terracotta and orange. Since I don't think I could spend the day in an orange cabana (football rivaly thing), we went with terracotta. Since it was one of only two left, I'm assuming it's way down the beach - is that correct?

I've also heard that if you like less crowds, way down the beach might not be a bad thing. With the cabana service, it's not that inconvenient since you don't have to fetch your own drinks, etc. Would this be true?

TIA!

See the map and photo's here :) Look in HMC & Cabanas :)

We have the turquoise cabana and I would not have orange either. Partly from a certain ethnic background, perhaps (since we are doing some intense geneology) but mostly I wanted the soothing color of the sea as much as possible. The thought of a harsh bright color was not condusive to my sense of serenity. We will be there in February. Have fun,

Glessings,

Gail

Okay, so what you're telling me is that I would have been MUCH better off with orange. Do you know if I can change?? Cancel terracotta and book orange without a lot of hassle? Maybe by calling HAL? I guess I'd just have to get over my lifelong abhorrence for the color orange.....

And, THANKS Debbie for helping a newbie so cheerfully!

can i ask a silly question. where or what is HMC.

I checked out the photo album and the photos look stunning. great place and a wonderful photographer well done

karon (in australia)who always loved checking out cruise photos to plan the next one!!!

can i ask a silly question. where or what is HMC.

I checked out the photo album and the photos look stunning. great place and a wonderful photographer well done

karon (in australia)who always loved checking out cruise photos to plan the next one!!!

HMC = Half Moon Cay - HAL's private island

One more question, Debbie, before I decide whether or not to change. From the map it looks like "swimming" is limited to a truncated area and we could not go in the water directly in front of the terracotta cabana... is this true?

THANKS! (Love the vow renewal photos... )

One more question, Debbie, before I decide whether or not to change. From the map it looks like "swimming" is limited to a truncated area and we could not go in the water directly in front of the terracotta cabana... is this true?

THANKS! (Love the vow renewal photos... )

No you can swim in front of your cabana but you wont be able to go far out there as thats where the water toys play, not motorised toys, they are on the other side of the island.

Your cabana is far from the bathrooms, so if walking in sand and hard packed dirt is a problem you should call up and change as soon as possible :) Also, the inside of the cabana is not orange, so it wont matter once your in it :)

Trust me, HMC is paradise and your cabana color wont matter! HMC is on a island called Little San Salvadore in the Bahamas.

Okay, so what you're telling me is that I would have been MUCH better off with orange. Do you know if I can change?? Cancel terracotta and book orange without a lot of hassle? Maybe by calling HAL?

You will have no problem changing if you call HAL. I had originally booked the Sky Blue cabana for our January 12th Volendam cruise. I then read so many wonderful things and saw the great pictures of the Turquoise cabana (Thanks Debbie!) that I called and switched to the Turquoise.

Toni :D

Hi, all. I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I still have a couple of questions about location, cabana guys, etc. We can do the Pink or the Taupe. Is it a big hike between these two? I know the bathrooms are closer to the Taupe. Much closer? (For the wife, of course)

A new problem has arisen. It seems we will be there when there will be two ships. The Zuiderdam and the Zaandam. Will this tax the facilities? Which cabana would YOU choose considering there will be a crowd?

We have been to HMC before. We found a lovely place to the left of the first entrance to the beach. Down the ramp past where you rent the water toys and such. Butg that area really filled up fast after 11:00 AM. How close is the Taupe cabana to this area? We want a little serenity but don't want to be too far from the action. I am also going to sepnd some time in the water for snorkeling. Is the Pink cabana too far or is it no issue.

Thanks so much and I hope to be able all these answers for others after we come back. At least while the Z still does the Caribbean. Really, thanks.

When I was researching cabanas I DEFINITELY remember that the TAUPE was closest to the restrooms.

Not sure how far the pink is from anything and sorry, I didn't keep my information.

Hope this helps a little.

Blessings.

The pink cabana will definitely be more secluded from the crowds then the taupe one will be. It is down the beach at the far end of the middle section of cabanas and really isn't that far a walk, although when you're stepping over two shiploads of passengers, it could be a job. However the taupe cabana is definitely closer to the washrooms (and the crowds) as it is the first one you come to once off the tender...they are in front of the food pavillion in between the blue and turquoise cabanas.

Hi, all. I know this subject has been beaten to death, but I still have a couple of questions about location, cabana guys, etc. We can do the Pink or the Taupe. Is it a big hike between these two? I know the bathrooms are closer to the Taupe. Much closer? (For the wife, of course)

A new problem has arisen. It seems we will be there when there will be two ships. The Zuiderdam and the Zaandam. Will this tax the facilities? Which cabana would YOU choose considering there will be a crowd?

We have been to HMC before. We found a lovely place to the left of the first entrance to the beach. Down the ramp past where you rent the water toys and such. Butg that area really filled up fast after 11:00 AM. How close is the Taupe cabana to this area? We want a little serenity but don't want to be too far from the action. I am also going to sepnd some time in the water for snorkeling. Is the Pink cabana too far or is it no issue.

Thanks so much and I hope to be able all these answers for others after we come back. At least while the Z still does the Caribbean. Really, thanks.

This is HALs most recent map, you can see the colored boxes on the beach (cabanas) and how far they are from the buildings.

Okay, once again, thanks everyone - most especially Debbie - for your help. I called HAL today and had absolutely no problem changing terracotta for orange. It's not PERFECT (a little TOO close to the food pavilion, etc.) but I think at the end of the day much better than terracotta which is the very last one and WAY down the beach.

And if you look at Debbie's awesome pix, it is indeed orange on the inside as well - guess I'll have to take an extra Bonine that day.

Also, the inside of the cabana is not orange, so it wont matter once your in it :)

Sorry someone told me they were not the same color inside anymore, I cant remember who, maybe someone else knows if this is true ???

Your all very welcome, glad I could help, if you want to share some of your pictures of your cabana and HMC with me when you return, I will be happy to post them for others to see :)

ziggysmoney@yahoo.com.

When we get off the tender at HMC, is it a long walk to the beach or cabanas? We have also reserved the orange cabana and were just wondering which direction we would go when we get off the tender. Is there someone there to point us in the right direction or will there be signs?

Thank you

Thanks everyone. This is the replies I was looking for.

Olivia, I am glad you chimed in. I was hoping someone was recently in the pink cabana to let us know how it was.

Did you deal with the cabana guy at all? Was all the "stuff" there when you got to it? Did the cabana guy do anything for you and sorry for asking such a personal question, did you tip?

If you have any information that might not be appropriate for the thread, could you please email me with any real pertinent, inside info?

drdaddy at earthlink dot net

Thanks!

I've Got A Cabana Question that probably belongs here too!

I know that the cabanas are different colors, which clues us into where they are located on the beach at HMC...but, from some pictures that I've seen (they might have been Ziggy's) it looks like the cabanas might be different sizes. Is this true or is it just the optical illusion of their colors? If they are different sizes...could someone list them by color with their square footage?

I've also noticed that some of them appear to have double porches on the front while others have single porches. Does the "double" porch actually give you more room...especially if you have more than 4 people sharing the cabana?

As always, I am ever grateful for the answers from "those who have been there"!

Debjo

Archived