Atlantis Baltic Cruise July 2006??

Atlcple

Does anyone have any information on an Atlantis cruise to the Baltic scheduled for July 2006? I saw it on a gay travel website and it listed it just announced but no details yet available.

Anyone know the ship or cities or exact dates yet?

Does anyone have any information on an Atlantis cruise to the Baltic scheduled for July 2006? I saw it on a gay travel website and it listed it just announced but no details yet available.

Anyone know the ship or cities or exact dates yet?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was a mistake. No such cruise was announced on the just concluded Med cruise, where they opened up the back to back Med cruises for 2006, and Alaska for 2006. That makes 6 cruises for 2006 already announced (with an almost guaranteed West Coast October cruise yet to be announced).

Rich C. has indicated that the Baltic itinerary has always been a difficult proposition due to hardware, climate, etc. He may have changed his mind, or found a unique opportunity (read BARGAIN). However, in most of the Ask Atlantis sessions, the idea is mentioned, and Rich explains why he's never done one. 2006 could be a first, but with the other Summer '06 cruises already mentioned, I would be more than surprised if he pulled that one out of the hat.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that was a mistake. No such cruise was announced on the just concluded Med cruise, where they opened up the back to back Med cruises for 2006, and Alaska for 2006. That makes 6 cruises for 2006 already announced (with an almost guaranteed West Coast October cruise yet to be announced).

Rich C. has indicated that the Baltic itinerary has always been a difficult proposition due to hardware, climate, etc. He may have changed his mind, or found a unique opportunity (read BARGAIN). However, in most of the Ask Atlantis sessions, the idea is mentioned, and Rich explains why he's never done one. 2006 could be a first, but with the other Summer '06 cruises already mentioned, I would be more than surprised if he pulled that one out of the hat.

Hotlantacruiser your probably right, but nevertheless this is the link that I first saw it on http://www.igogay.com/ then select Atlantis 2006 and scroll half way down and you'll see it mentioned.

I did call Atlantis today and they first asked me where I heard about it and then secondly said that they knew nothing about it. So if they offer it we will definitely do it, if not guess it's back to the Med again next year.

Hotlantacruiser your probably right, but nevertheless this is the link that I first saw it on http://www.igogay.com/ then select Atlantis 2006 and scroll half way down and you'll see it mentioned.

I did call Atlantis today and they first asked me where I heard about it and then secondly said that they knew nothing about it. So if they offer it we will definitely do it, if not guess it's back to the Med again next year.

You're right, it's there. hmmmm.

Rich must have gotten a deal, or there is a "good" ship that will be in that market for next year. He has always mentioned the lesser hardware that does that run as a block. Now you've piqued my curiosity.

I'm guessing Oceania Cruises. In July they have two ships positioned in the area and this is the same line that Atlantis is using for the South America cruise. These are very nice ships, so that would certainly solve the concern of better ships not being available that Rich had mentioned in the past. Check out the itineraries. I'm sure Atlantis may customize them some, but they are most likely locked into the departure and arrival cities. I'm just wondering if he would do the 10 day or the 14 day?

TBC

The Baltic Cruise is no longer appearing on the web site....very interesting...so was it a true error?

One would have to have pretty decent information before offering to take pre-sales on a cruise. So, they must have had some inside info. I can't believe that they would just run with rampant gossip. :)

2BC: I think you are right on the Atantis having the listing pulled. I also suspect that you are right about either of the Oceania ships. That solves the hardware problem and also as a smaller ship, makes it much more of a feasible venture. I suspect that Rich's experience selling out the higher priced South America cruise may have something to do with it.

I also think that if it's true, it will be released on the upcoming Alaska cruise.

Archived