Cabin selection for South American cruise - HELP PLEASE!

mum and son

Hi all,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Infinity from Argentina to Chile for January 2016. I've never booked this far out before but at least I have the choice of most cabins remaining!

To date I've only been in an FV on the Millie, and I'm booked in an FV on the Mille in December as well. For the South American cruise, it'll just be my son and I (unless I find a husband between now and then - hahaha :D) - so I won't be able to grab an FV.

The prices for a CC or AQ are too high so I'm deciding between the sweet sixteens or the cabins with the extended angular balconies like 6048 or 6053 and those above. I expect the weather on this cruise to be cool so thought that the wind protection offered by the 6048/6053 style cabin might be a good idea, but I'm concerned about the view looking "back" due to the angle of the balcony as this cruise has quite a lot of scenic cruising.

Alternatively I am considering the "forward" facing angular balcony of 7166 or 7174 style...

Any suggestions from past South American cruisers who may have been in these cabin types?

Hi all,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Infinity from Argentina to Chile for January 2016. I've never booked this far out before but at least I have the choice of most cabins remaining!

To date I've only been in an FV on the Millie, and I'm booked in an FV on the Mille in December as well. For the South American cruise, it'll just be my son and I (unless I find a husband between now and then - hahaha :D) - so I won't be able to grab an FV.

The prices for a CC or AQ are too high so I'm deciding between the sweet sixteens or the cabins with the extended angular balconies like 6048 or 6053 and those above. I expect the weather on this cruise to be cool so thought that the wind protection offered by the 6048/6053 style cabin might be a good idea, but I'm concerned about the view looking "back" due to the angle of the balcony as this cruise has quite a lot of scenic cruising.

Alternatively I am considering the "forward" facing angular balcony of 7166 or 7174 style...

Any suggestions from past South American cruisers who may have been in these cabin types?

We just sailed this cruise as a B2B in March. Any starboard side cabin would be great for viewing if you cannot be in an aft cabin. Around the Horn it is very windy and you may need the wind protection. It was very warm in Buenos Aires and Valpariso but cold and snowy in Puerto Montt. BTW, This cruise sells out almost every sailing so booking early should give you the cabin you want. Have a great cruise. My favorite port was by far Ushuia.

Edited by socreader

We had a great cabin with an angled (larger) balcony, cabin 7171, which was on the port side. Great cabin, but I would recommend a starboard cabin if you are going from Argentina to Chile.

I think 7174 is comparable to 7171 and on starboard side.