Playa Mia tips

sunquest76

I did a complete (very long) review of this place when we went last year and there are TONS of pictures. You can find the review listed in my signature line below. If you have any questions after that, let me know and I'll try to answer. :)

I did a complete (very long) review of this place when we went last year and there are TONS of pictures. You can find the review listed in my signature line below. If you have any questions after that, let me know and I'll try to answer. :)

Drinks were included (alcohol too)? That's great!

What time did you arrive? We are there on a day with 5 ships in port, so I will expect many more people than in your review. Guess that's all part of travelling.

Drinks were included (alcohol too)? That's great!

What time did you arrive? We are there on a day with 5 ships in port, so I will expect many more people than in your review. Guess that's all part of travelling.

In the package we purchased, it included all of our drinks and we elected to not have the buffet and purchase the food on our own. I know there has been talks about their packages changing, so I'm not sure what kind of packages they offer now. :)

As soon as we arrived in port, we caught a cab and headed there. We were probably there at the normal arrival time around 8am.

We visited Play Mia on our cruise last October and really enjoyed it! Our kids were 10 and 11 and it offered a lot of fun for the day!

We purchased the all-inclusive with buffet and it was nice to be able to eat and drink all we wanted without worrying about budget.. I will say the buffet was not all that great as far as the food and my kids would have preferred to order off of the menu instead. I think if we do this excursion again we would do the all-inclusive for the adults and then just order food off the menu for our kids.

The inflatables in the ocean are fun but they are a ways away from the shore and it took a lot of energy for our kids to get out there. They do require you to wear life-jackets to go on the inflatables because of the long swim out.

I personally loved the free floatie mats available that you can use and just float around roped off swimming area. :)

The pools are also really nice and my kids spent a TON of time in there along with the waterslide.

Overall there is a lot to do and fun. We were the only ship in port on our day there so the park was very quiet with not a lot of people there so I'm not sure how it will be with 5 ships in port..

I personally loved the free floatie mats available that you can use and just float around roped off swimming area. :)

Were there lots of these free floatie mats or were they "first come, first serve"?

LuLu

There were quite a few.. and yes they are first come first serve..

There is a small building on the beach where they hold them along with snorkel gear I believe? I'm not sure if the snorkel gear is free as we didn't use any.