Independence Med Spain cruise June 28th-July 12th repoooooort

IMG_5249.JPG

IMG_5250.JPG

2014-07-06+18.23.33.jpg

The view from the castle is just :)

IMG_5246.JPG

This statue made us sing every possible song about jumping we could think of. You don't often hear a medley which includes Van Halen, Madonna, Kris Kross and House of Pain...

IMG_5259.JPG

The city of Palma in itself is very pretty.

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5284.JPG

20140706_151638.jpg

2014-07-06+18.27.39.jpg

We got well our money's worth out of the HOHO.

This evening we went to the WJ and saw the circus-themed show but weren't at all impressed. We found it chaotic and boring.

So not always right on the mark with the RCCL singers and dancers here either.

The city of Palma in itself is very pretty.

IMG_5260.JPG

IMG_5271.JPG

IMG_5277.JPG

IMG_5284.JPG

20140706_151638.jpg

2014-07-06+18.27.39.jpg

We got well our money's worth out of the HOHO.

This evening we went to the WJ and saw the circus-themed show but weren't at all impressed. We found it chaotic and boring.

So not always right on the mark with the RCCL singers and dancers here either.

We fell in love with Palma as well.

Hi Sinny,

:DYay -- a Sinppu review! Fun,fun,fun! You crack me up.

Unneccessary comments? Hell no -- keep em coming - they're the salt in the soup (lol -- I don't even know if that's a saying in English as well...if not I guess it sounds pretty weird...oh well, who cares?)

Stef

Hi Sinny,

:DYay -- a Sinppu review! Fun,fun,fun! You crack me up.

Unneccessary comments? Hell no -- keep em coming - they're the salt in the soup (lol -- I don't even know if that's a saying in English as well...if not I guess it sounds pretty weird...oh well, who cares?)

Stef

Hi Stef!!

Thanks [emoji3]

I don't think it is a saying in English but I do know what you mean... in Finland we'd say "The dot on the i" [emoji12]

Hi , thank you for doing this. We were with you on the cruise and it brings back lovely memories.

We go on Adventure in October for a similar itinerary so have added a link to your review on the roll call .

I am especially thankful for the bus info in Valencia. We had been before but docked on the otherside of the port and shared a taxi into the historic district. As it was so hot this time round we decided to enjoy the ship, in October hopefully we will check out your transport instructions:)

Next up is Barcelona.

For many people it was the most anticipated stop on this cruise but we've been there twice on a longer holiday already so we'd again decided to just go with the flow.

I'd booked myself a spa appointment in the morning and very neatly fainted while getting my nails done.

Yes, fainted. After scaring another customer and three beauticians out of their wits I promptly woke up and asked for a bowl to throw up in and plenty of water to drink.

Got both, used only the water.

The nurse came with a wheelchair but I sent her away as I knew I was suffering from sunstroke-induced dehydration (had those before) and would be fine just as soon as I'd get enough water in my system.

After two pints of water I convinced poor Marvely to continue my pedicure and kept drinking water. I felt so sorry for her after my treatment was done that I gave her a big tip and bought something she recommended but I'll likely never use [emoji6]

And I gave her my WOW card.

So a word of advice, my friends: Even if it feels nice and cool in the breeze of the HOHO bus, wear a hat, use sunblock and drink more than you think you should.

But at least my fingers and toes were pretty!

5a2a5y7u.jpg

If looks could kill, I would've hit the floor second time that morning when I told Lowry what happened in the spa.

He was a little displeased with me [emoji15]

But as I was slowly recovering from my terrible ordeal of hurt pride and awkward post-fainting small talk with my Jamaican beautician, Lowry pointed out that the weather in Barcelona was less than ideal. See for yourselves:

edupaqe4.jpg

5yqegera.jpg

Indeed. So we waited for a couple of hours before we set out. It made all the difference.

ydahadah.jpg

gade5ute.jpg

In Barcelona you can easily walk to the city centre from the ship -if you have a death wish. It's a loooong way and again there are buses. They cost 3 € pp and were frequent.

vaha9y6y.jpg

The bus drops you off right at the statue of Christopher Columbus and Las Ramblas.

pygudysy.jpg

eryhuvad.jpg

apu8edu9.jpg

From there it's easy to walk up and dowm either along the beach or Las Ramblas.

We just went on a very relaxed stroll to see places we've been to and seen before.

e2ezyhug.jpg

y3a2u6a2.jpg

syda9u6a.jpg

If you are thinking of a cruise that leaves from Barcelona, it is a wonderful city to stay a few days in.

Plenty to see and do for everyone and anyone.

yju6ajes.jpg

e6epavep.jpg

5aqaheja.jpg

asehe4u9.jpg

When going back with the bus, just lookn for these rings and you'll find the stop.

4y2e7u9y.jpg

Back on the ship!

ybujumy3.jpg

This evening we went to the MDR at 5.30 so right when it opened. We liked it so much we decided to have dinner early from now on.

Just look for yourselves! We were the first ones in, everyone greeted us with a smile, had time to talk and joke... it was lovely.

e3uhunyj.jpg

We both had soup as a starter today.

sevatade.jpg

5upe8e3y.jpg

My entrée was no doubt some kind of cheese with polenta and Lowry had meat.

We are predictable that way.

uzy6u9ez.jpg

2uqu9amu.jpg

Extremely edible both, I can tell you.

The entrées, not us.

Hi , thank you for doing this. We were with you on the cruise and it brings back lovely memories.

We go on Adventure in October for a similar itinerary so have added a link to your review on the roll call .

I am especially thankful for the bus info in Valencia. We had been before but docked on the otherside of the port and shared a taxi into the historic district. As it was so hot this time round we decided to enjoy the ship, in October hopefully we will check out your transport instructions:)

Hi Heather!

Very happy if I can be if any service to you or other cruisers in the future [emoji3]

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Wasn't it a smashing cruise?

My dessert had at least raspberry and vanilla in it's name.

3ununapy.jpg

Ice cream. With other sweet food.

3eza8a3a.jpg

Today the Headliner was a juggling comedian who'd been on TV several times and I was sure I'd remember his name.

Guess what?

I don't.

He was hilarious though.

u7e5e2ed.jpg

We went up to Olive or Twist for a couple of drinks and to play cards.

ubuvequr.jpg

We wanted to see the Late Show which was Stars vs Stripes.

Tim the Activities Manager was in his element in hosting this and both teams were really funny. I really recommend this, it was funnier than we anticipated.

qyhyvene.jpg

Both teams with Tim in the middle.

ma5ajehu.jpg

Thanks for the tip about looking for the rings when trying to find the port bus. I'll be there in a couple of weeks on the Adventure, and was worried about finding my way back. I get lost everywhere!!

Brilliant review too, thank you.

Thanks for the tip about looking for the rings when trying to find the port bus. I'll be there in a couple of weeks on the Adventure, and was worried about finding my way back. I get lost everywhere!!

Brilliant review too, thank you.

Really happy to help!!