Question for those who have sailed on the Getaway

Illusionarium, Burn The Floor, Legally Blonde and Teppanyaki. There are only 4 performances each of Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor (excluding the mini-show in Tropicana Room). We were able to book comedy after being on board a couple days, but the choices were slim.

You don't need to pre-book The Grammy Experience, but make sure you hit this venue. It was one of my very favorite entertainment spots.

I was on the Getaway in February and will be on her again in September. I would suggest pre-booking the Illusionarium show. We didn't do any specialty dining so I can't speak to it personally. However, when we looked daily, there were usually openings in most specialty venues throughout the week.

Burn the Floor and Legally Blonde don't need to be pre-booked, there were always seats available!

Certain Spa Services booked up by the second day of the cruise. I wouldn't necessarily pre-book them, but I would definitely book them on day 1 if I wanted something!

Happy Sailing

If you are planning on booking Illusionarium and going to the higher priced specialty restaurants a few times you might want to consider purchasing the UDP.

Premium seating for Illusionarium is included on the first night for no additional charge.

The online booking will show you the show times available and you can then book dining in advance accordingly. Once reservations are made they are not set in stone, you are always free to change your mind or cancel. Cancelling with the UDP does not incur any additional charges. Pay as you go cancellations require 24 hours notice.

Rochelle

We cruised on her in April and are again in March 2015! Definitely book the Illusionarium (if you're going to do it), Legally Blonde and Burn The Floor before cruising. We did not see Burn The Floor, we only saw their mini performance in The Tropicana-and that was actually enough of a performance for us. We did book CAgney's before sailing. I feel the 3 I suggested needs to be done online, the rest can probably be done when you get on the ship.

Illusionarium, Burn The Floor, Legally Blonde and Teppanyaki. There are only 4 performances each of Legally Blonde and Burn the Floor (excluding the mini-show in Tropicana Room). We were able to book comedy after being on board a couple days, but the choices were slim.

You don't need to pre-book The Grammy Experience, but make sure you hit this venue. It was one of my very favorite entertainment spots.

I 2nd everything said above....except I'm not a fan of Teppanyaki on board as we have so many of them near me as it is.

However, I was able to book the comedy shows at the same time I booked the shows in the theater at MyNcl online 45 days out.

Harriet

What are the things that you highly recommend booking before you board ship...other than shore excursions? I am mainly asking about dining venues and shows. Thank you in advance for your help.

You CAN book once on board, or wait in the stand by line, but we figured out a game plan in advance and booked Illusionarium, Legally Blonde, and Burn the Floor pre cruise. It just made it easier to make sure we got everything covered during the week and didn't suddenly realize on Thursday that yikes! we still haven't seen this and that! Dining you can book day of ( except maybe Teppanyaki ) if you like reservations, or just show up when you're ready if you like to wing it. Usually pretty good availability at most, if one is full and you don't want to wait, go somewhere else and try again another night.

I 2nd everything said above....except I'm not a fan of Teppanyaki on board as we have so many of them near me as it is.

However, I was able to book the comedy shows at the same time I booked the shows in the theater at MyNcl online 45 days out.

Harriet

I worded my reply poorly. We could have booked the comedy in advance, but we didn't have to. 2 days into the cruise, it was still no problem to get reservations. That was what I meant, not that we had to wait until then.

I worded my reply poorly. We could have booked the comedy in advance, but we didn't have to. 2 days into the cruise, it was still no problem to get reservations. That was what I meant, not that we had to wait until then.

Or....I read it wrong. You are, however, correct. There was never any problem getting in at any time. I did, however, pre-book. LOL

Harriet

We learned last week that they only open a certain percentage of seats to all shows for pre-booking SO even if you go to pre-book a certain show at a certain time and it says you can't that does not mean it isn't available.

We wanted to see Illusionarium with CC friends but were not able to book the same show as them so we just made that be the first thing we did when on board. A little tip...USE THE TOUCH SCREENS! Don't bother waiting in the lines to book shows there are touch screens located throughout the ship (I know they were near elevators) where you can scan your ship card and make reservations. It was quick easy and painless! Have fun :)

As for specialty dining we did pre-book the 2 specialty dining options we were interested in only because we wanted to be sure we didn't have to wait until 9pm to eat. I'm sure you could almost always get seated but may not get your desired time slot without pre-booking.

Prebook any specialty restaurants if you are sure you want to go and sure of the night. Most on my Getaway cruise filled up very quick (7/12) and we never could get into LeBistro. The more expensive ones, Ocean Blue, Cagney's and Teppanyaki did no book up as quickly.