AMEX platinum card benefits questions!

ijkh

We have an upcoming Med cruise on the Grand and final payment was made with our AMEX platinum card. The card offers benefits which we hope to get but it is not so easy it seems.

We booked last year while onboard the Star Princess using the 100$pp deposit option. We booked a minisuite on the Grand so the onboard credit should be 100$pp sbc for this right? We are also part of a group through the TA (Virtuoso) booking and got a 75$pp sbc as part of this.

Now here are my two questions.

Should we be getting 75$pp sbc for paying with our amex platinum card? The people who I spoke with at Princess said no. They said the benefit was for a 2 category upgrade for a minisuite and the 150$ was for full suites only. How convient for them. We do not want to upgrade because we selected cabins near our family/friends and the ship is sold out. So is this just a loss that we are stuck with? Anyone know?

The last question is I refered 4 people to Princess who subsequently booked and will sail. Should my captainscircle referal rewards (which show online to be attached to this cruise) be recieved as shipboard credit or should it be a credit toward the cruise price (which has already been paid in full!) Where did that money go? Poof!

I am so frustrated. Princess "doesn't discuss money" with those who have booked through a TA. My TA is on a medical leave of absense. I will have another agent's help. This is getting a little frustrating. I would like to make sure these credits don't just get swept under the rug or I am left to try and figure out what happened after I am in Italy and very jet lagged. The princess 800 number was very unsatisfying and I felt like I knew less than I did before I called.

Help appreciated.

I cannot speak about the captain's circle benefits but I can regarding platinum AX.

You are correct. Only suites get the $150 pp shipboard credit. Not mini suites and below. They get the two cabin category upgrade. If the upgrade is not possible, depending on which mini suite category you are in you can opt for an AA at an AC price....(this is an example). You also get the complimentary bottle of wine/champagne and dinner at the alternative restaurant the first evening.

Good luck and I hope your TA's replacement can get this worked out for you.

Archived