calling swizzle and any other bermuda experts

cruzobsessed

i will be in bermuda for the weekend of aug 26th. i am not cruising. this was a 60th b'day gift from me to my husband. we are travelling for the first time with out kids. never even took a honeymoon.

we are staying at elbow beach and these are the things that i'd like to do.......

jobsons cove

horseshoe beach

dockyards

ride the ferry

some type of boat/catamaran

i need help knowing the itinerary......what do i do first etc.? i've investigated several boat/cruise companies and most do not cruise on the weekend. i need some help there too.

also........what place are MUSTS for eating? since this is our only vacation alone.......something romantic/beachy comes to mind.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!!

A suggestion for something beachy for dinner is Coconuts Restuarant at The Reefs resort (South Rd west of Horseshoe Beach)

Coconuts has an excellent menu and they also set up 6 tables right on the beach for a nice romantic setting. If you opt for one of the tables on the beach it's $90 per person and you choose 4 courses from a limited menu. You also get a complimentary glass of champagne. I just returned last week from Bermuda and I proposed to my girlfriend at Coconuts. It would be ideal for an anniversary dinner.

You can actually combine a couple of your "must dos"---you can ride the ferry over to the dockyards. You may also want to consider getting a bus pass---bus system is easy to use and gives you access to the entire island, including Horseshoe Beach.

Some other suggestions . . . take the bus to the Swizzle Inn for a rum swizzle drink and then from there you can head over to the caves.

I'm not sure what you mean by a boat ride----we used Jessie James Cruises for a snorkeling trip and were very happy with them.

Archived