Southampton car parking?

fue-fue

I know this has been asked before! but when I did a search I got old posts.

Travelling from Yorkshire we prefer to travel down the day before, stay 1 night in an hotel & leave the car with them.

But the cruise we are looking at in September, leaves during the boat show. so very little hotel rooms left!

Who do you recommend for parking?

We have used CPS once & were impressed, but for 17 nights they want £180 which I think is a bit expensive. :eek:

Thanks

What about investigating Holiday Inn (Express?) at Winchester. I believe they offer a package of hotel room, car parking and transfer and as it is further out, might have more availability.

Worth investigating anyway I would think. It's just off the motorway to shoot down to Southampton.

Hi fue-fue

Only sailed from Southampton once and then we used Alternative a Cruise Parking (ACP) who are situated on the other side of the River Itchen at Marchwood opposite the cruise terminals. It is a hard standing well secured car park, is reasonably priced and the staff are very friendly and very efficient. You are taken by minibus directly to the terminal (about 20 mins depending on traffic), on return you phone them with your docking time and they will give you your pick up instructions, we were picked up within ten minutes of uplifting our luggage . You will get them on the Internet and I have no hesitation in recommending them. Have a great cruise.

We have used parking4cruises. You meet the guy in the short stay car park opposite the terminal (having phoned about 1/2 previous to let them know how close you are). You take the cases (or even driver drops other off at the terminal with the cases for them to put through hole in the wall and then drives to short stay carpark) guy takes your keys .Car is taken to a secure area for duration.

On your return meet up with man in short stay car park ,take keys back ,put luggage in car and drive away. Cheaper than cps.

We use Alternative Cruise Parking at Marchwood. We find them very very good. We too are sailing at the same time as the boat show so hotel rooms are limited. There is a pub at Marchwood that has rooms and with breakfast works out at £50 per room. I can't tell you what it is like as it will be our first time but the reviews seem OK and it is only for one night plus the ACP will be just "round the corner". Return transfers included in price.

Isn't OP's other problem to find a hotel for the night before because of the boatshow?

Which is why I suggested having a look at the deal at Winchester's Holiday Inn.

Edited by Scriv

We have used parking4cruises. You meet the guy in the short stay car park opposite the terminal (having phoned about 1/2 previous to let them know how close you are). You take the cases (or even driver drops other off at the terminal with the cases for them to put through hole in the wall and then drives to short stay carpark) guy takes your keys .Car is taken to a secure area for duration.

On your return meet up with man in short stay car park ,take keys back ,put luggage in car and drive away. Cheaper than cps.

This sounds ideal for us, we've used airport meet n greet before and it works well. We're travelling from Preston to relatives in Surrey on Saturday, then onto Southampton Sunday morning. No need for a hotel, but do like not having to wait for a shuttle, hopefully!

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I know this has been asked before! but when I did a search I got old posts.

Travelling from Yorkshire we prefer to travel down the day before, stay 1 night in an hotel & leave the car with them.

But the cruise we are looking at in September, leaves during the boat show. so very little hotel rooms left!

Who do you recommend for parking?

We have used CPS once & were impressed, but for 17 nights they want £180 which I think is a bit expensive. :eek:

Thanks

You could try this link http://www.montaguarmshotel.co.uk/pre_cruise_package.html

A little more expensive ,but what a way to start your cruise!

We have used various premier inns/holiday inn express hotels on route to Southampton from the North then park with CPS, but for our next cruise we are staying at the Best Western Chilworth Manor who offer a one night stay and parking with transfers to and from then cruise terminal.

Try holiday inn m27 or m271 after your night, stay you will be sent round to cruise parking ltd at marchwood 10 min,s away ask for howard iwill transfer you and your case,s with a dock,s tour and a tour of old so,ton .some of you might have met me

Try holiday inn m27 or m271 after your night, stay you will be sent round to cruise parking ltd at marchwood 10 min,s away ask for howard iwill transfer you and your case,s with a dock,s tour and a tour of old so,ton .some of you might have met me

If you had said you do transfers for ACP at Marchwood then I would have thought...yes...that's the guy who transferred us to the port last year and gave us a very informative tour which was very much appreciated. I would have loved to have had a "full blown" tour with him.

Didn't realise there are two cruise parking facilities at Marchwood

We have used various premier inns/holiday inn express hotels on route to Southampton from the North then park with CPS, but for our next cruise we are staying at the Best Western Chilworth Manor who offer a one night stay and parking with transfers to and from then cruise terminal.

They are full for our dates!!

Any more hotel ideas will be very welcome.

Thanks for all parking ideas, definitely useful:)

We use Alternative Cruise Parking at Marchwood. We find them very very good. We too are sailing at the same time as the boat show so hotel rooms are limited. There is a pub at Marchwood that has rooms and with breakfast works out at £50 per room. I can't tell you what it is like as it will be our first time but the reviews seem OK and it is only for one night plus the ACP will be just "round the corner". Return transfers included in price.

Could you tell me the name of the pub, please?

Could you tell me the name of the pub, please?

Hi...its The RoebuckInnMarchwood Ltd. Not sure if I can tell you the booking site that we booked through...no payment and you can cancel without penalty but you can book direct with the pub As I said we haven't tried the pub but seems ok but we have definitely done the parking at Marchwood...very frequent shuttles....pleasant easy to deal with staff and on our last transfer the driver gave us a very informative info about Southampton....so much it has made us want to stay for a few days :)

Hi

We have used a Parkat my house.com and has cost us £65 for 11 days!!

You park on someones driveway ours is about a 15 min walk from the port!!!!! You dont leave your keys - its the first time we will have done this so hopefully all will be well.

Sean

We did this last time and have booked again for October. Very easy, secure (the parking space has CCTV) and to cap it all, cheap £48 last time & £59 this time.

Means extra spending money for the wife :(

I would still be very wary of parking on someones drive.

As you would have entered into a contract with that person (you have paid them money). If anything happened to your car (even if it was recorded on cctv) would your insurance be interested. Parking on a drive where no money changes hands , as they are a relative of whatever would be iffy enough ref insurance, but me feels they would not be interested at all if you had paid to park there.

Other people have queried about if they give you lifts to the terminal, Is their car insurance cover if anything happens.

I know people like a good deal, but having spent 100's or 1000's on the holiday, seems a cost cut too far . Entirely just my thoughts

I would still be very wary of parking on someones drive.

As you would have entered into a contract with that person (you have paid them money). If anything happened to your car (even if it was recorded on cctv) would your insurance be interested. Parking on a drive where no money changes hands , as they are a relative of whatever would be iffy enough ref insurance, but me feels they would not be interested at all if you had paid to park there.

Other people have queried about if they give you lifts to the terminal, Is their car insurance cover if anything happens.

I know people like a good deal, but having spent 100's or 1000's on the holiday, seems a cost cut too far . Entirely just my thoughts

I couldn't argue against you on this, and this discussion has been talked about in many previous threads. However I can only go from personal experience that I have used this method many times in the past for various activities and never had a problem - so far. My take on it is (and I have no feedback from an insurance company so cannot give a qualified answer) is that they prefer to have cars parked on a private driveway (normally your own at your own house) rather than a road or car park. So I'm hoping they would look kindly on someone parking there car on someone else's drive. But I'm probably wrong.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone had this problem in the past, although I have to say I'm still happy to use parkatmyhouse.co.uk

On one recent occasion I found it far cheaper to park at Southampton Airport - even taking into account the cost of a taxi both ways.

As I was driving from the north, the total journey time was similar because my journey took me fairly close to the airport.

On one recent occasion I found it far cheaper to park at Southampton Airport - even taking into account the cost of a taxi both ways.

As I was driving from the north, the total journey time was similar because my journey took me fairly close to the airport.

Liked this idea as we usually pay about £50 for airport meet 'n greet at Manchester Airport but cruise terminal is £97 for the same duration. Southampton airport is £82, so similar with taxis.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app