Carnival Glory & Progresso?

Bonnie J.

Have just booked the Glory for Nov.5th. Catalogue and a reviewer listed Progresso as a port. But, some web sites have eliminated it! Can anyone tell me if that is a port. Haven't seen another port in its place.

Also, what to do there, we are snorklers but don't have to snorkle, never do ship's tours and are not shoppers.

Thanks & ..............Smile....................Bonnie.....................

The Glory has eliminated that port from its itinerary indefinitely. We just sailed on the Glory about a month ago and I must admit having that extra seaday made the cruise seem longer which we loved. I think the reason for eliminating the port was due to the inclement weather that the ship encountered when leaving from the Progreso port which caused it to arrive to Port Canaveral significantly late several times in the last few months.

You haven't missed much by having them eliminate Progreso. It's an industrial port that they're trying to turn into a tourist port, but there's not much there to enjoy, except to take a long bus ride to Mayan ruins.

I am assuming that there has been some damage to the area because of the hurricane that went over the area. An extra sea day will be just fine for me, although I wish they had added a stop in Ocho Rios or Montego Bay.

Blue skies and calm seas!

Archived