Explorer Review July 31 - Long Review!

atljoo

Clodaugh O'Conner. She was very personable. She sat with us after the farewell show and chatted about her career, the ship, passengers, and everything else we could bring up.

You'll have a great time.

ON THE EXPLORER NEXT WEEK, DID CLO SAY HOW LONG SHE WAS GOING TO BE ON? WE ALL LOVED HER ON THE BRILLIANCE, AND REALLY HOPE SHE IS STILL ON THE EXPLORER!

ON THE EXPLORER NEXT WEEK, DID CLO SAY HOW LONG SHE WAS GOING TO BE ON? WE ALL LOVED HER ON THE BRILLIANCE, AND REALLY HOPE SHE IS STILL ON THE EXPLORER!

No, she didn't say. We enjoyed sitting down with her. She also wanted word to get back to Cruise Critic that it's important to show up to the Meet and Mingle. We had a great time on the first day at sea in Portofino's. It set the tone for a week of fun with people who you know through this website.

Have a great trip. Don't forget your review!

Mark,

Thanks for your review. We'll be on the Explorer for the second time in about 7 weeks and I can't wait:D . Loved your idea about the wipes...I'm definitely going to do that no matter how crazy my family thinks I am.

Kathy

Kathy,

We are not clean freaks, but we figured this would help minimize the chances of the kids picking something up while onboard. We felt a lot better once we got it done. It kind of made it "our room" instead of a shared room, if you know what I mean. We did not use the comforter to cozy up at night. The 20/20 show we saw, when they used the blacklights....YUCK! Not something I want close to me.

How were the seas, were they rough? Did you ever feel any movement? How was the weather in all the islands? Also was the weather in Miami? Is there a Ben & Jerries on the ship and if so is there a charge?

Cruising on Explorer 8/28/05

Newyoricancruiser,

The seas were fine. You're on one of the largest ships afloat. Other than the first night, with the freak listing, everything was as smooth as glass.

The weather was perfect. We got rain in Belize. We were in a "rain forest", so we expected it. Don't forget buy spray with DEET! In Costa Maya it was raining on one side of the ship, but partly cloudy on the other. Cozumel and Cayman were perfect days. High 80's, a few clouds, and a gentle breeze. Miami was hot and humid, just as advertised.

Ben and Jerry's was onboard, but we used the free low-fat yogurt machines located everywhere. The kids loved to pull on the lever and put the frozen yogurt on their cones. I don't remember what the charge was for B & J, but we did have a coupon in our Platinum C&A book for 50% off of an ice cream bar (on a stick, covered in chocolate).

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived