They looked half full

I just watched Freedom and Sensation sail out. Very few people on the rail or balconies. FOS followed them out and it looked jammed. Weather was perfect. Are bookings down??

Perhaps there were many people at the sail-away parties on the Lido Decks.

If you feel a webcam shot of people standing on a balcony aboard a ship leaving a port is in any way an accurate or even semi accurate indicator of of a ship's occupancy, then by golly bookings must very well be down.

Edited by AdGuyMG

I just watched Freedom and Sensation sail out. Very few people on the rail or balconies. FOS followed them out and it looked jammed. Weather was perfect. Are bookings down??

I don't think thats a very good indication of a ships passenger count.:rolleyes:

We had more people enjoying the deck party than watching the sail away on out last cruise. Plus with 1st dining at 6 I'm sure many were getting ready for that. Not an indication of passengers on board.

We had more people enjoying the deck party than watching the sail away on out last cruise. Plus with 1st dining at 6 I'm sure many were getting ready for that. Not an indication of passengers on board.

I agree.... I usually will go to my stateroom to rest and get ready for dinner.

If you feel a webcam shot of people standing on a balcony aboard a ship leaving a port is in any way an accurate or even semi accurate indicator of of a ship's occupancy, then by golly bookings must very well be down.

It was the live website. No still shots. Must be all FOS folks didn't have a deck party to go to.

It was the live website. No still shots. Must be all FOS folks didn't have a deck party to go to.

Right, I knew that. This one. http://portcanaveralwebcam.com/

I live in Ft Lauderdale and watch the Pt Everglades cam from time to time. It's fun. http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

In fact, yesterday I watched the Caribbean Princess leave and then turn around and come back in and then go out again. Apparently a female passenger suffered a stroke during sail away. Sad.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2077247

...Perhaps it was the Carnival Liberty with the Sensation....as the Carnival Freedom sailed Saturday evening from Port Everglades....about an hour late as the they had to wait for the Princess ship to return because as she was on the way out...they had a medical emergency on board and returned to the pier.

That's more likely. I can see where looking over rails is about as exciting as it gets on a RCCL cruise. Lol :)

Right on! We all know how exciting those sailaway deck parties on Carnival with a bad DJ playing the Cupid Shuffle and the Electric Slide over and over can be! :D

Seriously, based on my last two cruises from Port Canaveral, one on Royal and one on Carnival, give me a balcony or a railing with a cold drink during sailaway ANY DAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Right on! We all know how exciting those sailaway deck parties on Carnival with a bad DJ playing the Cupid Shuffle and the Electric Slide over and over can be! :D

Seriously, based on my last two cruises from Port Canaveral, one on Royal and one on Carnival, give me a balcony or a railing with a cold drink during sailaway ANY DAY!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We always do sail always on our balcony. Usually they zoom in on some folks or the have various signs or flags but they were pretty empty as well. Just thought it was odd.