Fixed table allocations?

sealynx

Hello all,

Soon I'll make my first ever cruise on MSC Magnifica. After several mini-cruises onboard ferries, I'm really looking forward for the real thing.

Just a few questions about the dinners though. I've heard that we'll be having the same table in the same restaurant with the same waiter and same table company for every night during the cruises. Is that true? I hope it is not, why would they do that? They have 5 restaurants onboard, I'd rather change restaurant every night, and when I need to use a restaurant twice, I'd rather be on the other end to taste it's asmophere from a different viewpoint.

And if this is the standard procedure, would there be any way to make request for change? And is it possible to get a table for just me and my husband, no-one else?

Hello all,

Soon I'll make my first ever cruise on MSC Magnifica. After several mini-cruises onboard ferries, I'm really looking forward for the real thing.

Just a few questions about the dinners though. I've heard that we'll be having the same table in the same restaurant with the same waiter and same table company for every night during the cruises. Is that true? I hope it is not, why would they do that? They have 5 restaurants onboard, I'd rather change restaurant every night, and when I need to use a restaurant twice, I'd rather be on the other end to taste it's asmophere from a different viewpoint.

And if this is the standard procedure, would there be any way to make request for change? And is it possible to get a table for just me and my husband, no-one else?

Everyone is assigned a dining time and table in the MDR (Main Dining Room) for dinner. This will be indicated on the cruise card you receive when boarding. There are very few tables for 2 and they are usually allocated to those on honeymoon or celebrating an anniversary. If you are not happy with your assigned table, you can arrange to meet with the maitre d' - if there is availability he will change your seating. However, if the ship is full it's unlikely he will be able to facilitate you.

There is a buffet onboard where you can dine freestyle - choose where you sit and when - within designated mealtimes.

To add to what Beamafar has said bive, there are only 2 main dining rooms that are included in your cruise fare not 5. You are allocated to one or the other for the duration of your cruise. The food and menus are identical in both restaurants.

You can of course choose not to go every evening. You may decide to go to the buffet instead and that is included in your fare. If you however decide to try either of the speciality restaurants that will cost you extra.

You may be lucky and get a table for 2 but there aren't many of them. If you do end up sharing a table with others and you know for definite that you won't be coming to dinner the next evening (because you've got a reservation at one of the speciality restaurants), then you should let them know. That way they won't delay ordering their food waiting for you to arrive.