Still a Little Confused Pointe du Bout

jeanaa

Have read a number of posts and I'm still a little unsure about transportation from cruise ship to Pointe du Bout ferry and more importantly, back to the cruise ship. How easy / difficult is it to get a transfer (taxi , shuttle) to ferry terminal and back to the cruise ship?

Also, is it possible to have a nice (local) lunch and buy some cheese, pates to take back to the ship at the Village Creole?

Thanks.

There will be plenty of taxis waiting outside the ship and it's a short ride to the ferry. When you return at the end of the day by ferry there will be plenty of taxis waiting at the ferry dock to take you to your ship.

I've stopped in Martinique on 2 cruises and both times we've gone to Point Du Boit with no problems.

• 4 weeks later...

Pomliane, I understand you are from Martinique? We are going to be there on Good Friday in Apr. 06. We are looking to do a relaxing day since we assume everything will be closed for the Holiday, but I would love to pick up some local cheeses/wine to take back to the ship. We both love to visit gourmet shops. Would Pointe Du Bout be a good place to visit? Do you have any other suggestions of things to see/do?

Sorry but on God friday most shops are closed. Maybe in Pointe du Bout you'll find shops open untill 12 am but I'm not sure. Whatever, restaurants will be opened there : it's a touristy area with hotels and hotels never close;). I'm sure you'll find what you want : good wines, etc... but maybe you won't be able to take some back to the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived