Samba Grill Experiences?

Of course I have enjoyed many a time at the front of the ship on the Flowrider. I think its cool how that they called "The Wake" points to where the ship is going ;) Ok enough making fun of that poster. I guess we will soon see if the Samba is an addition to Oasis. I've heard rumors, for what that is worth with Samba and the Dog Haus. Having been on Allure twice, my next time on the class, which won't be before 16 will either be on Oasis or the 3rd one. Looking forward to hearing more about where that ends up.

We've got an Oasis cruise booked for next year, and I was looking forward to trying the Solarium Bistro. Guess I'll miss that if they put in Samba. :(

Thanks everyone for the help - although I was not the OP, we are going on the Allure in 2016 and one of the reasons I booked the Allure was Samba and the Dog Haus.

And using OBC - thanks. I stopped using TAs many years ago for a variety of reasons - but on the Allure cruise, I have a a Sky Loft we booked through the BOGOHO and transferred the booking to COSTCO on day 58 and received a ton OBC - I'll be like a kid in a candy store - ummm - food store - restaurant store!???? LOL Anyway - I need not forget I have the OBC, something we normally don't have.

It will be interesting to see if they add either of these popular venues to Oasis during the big dry dock happening in October.

Thanks everyone!

g

We have been to several Brazilian type steakhouses in the US and even to a real one in Brazil, we liked Samba Grill on Radiance. The salad bar and soup were my favorites of the meal. The meat was good, very tender and actually, better than the meats we had in Brazil!:D I was surprised at how few people were in the restaurant. Lots of empty tables during our entire meal.

Sherri:)

We enjoyed the service and the ambience. The food--not so much. It's been a couple years--but if I remember correctly our biggest thrill was the bread. We like meat--but it was too much and oddly seasoned. We won't be going back.

Not sure what ship you were on, but the Solerium Cafe/Samba Grill is located at the aft overlooking the stern. Check out the deck plans for Oasis/Allure of the Seas.

I'm sure you're correct. I think maybe in all my trips on these vessels, they must have been sailing backwards. My apologies.;)

Not sure what ship you were on, but the Solerium Cafe/Samba Grill is located at the aft overlooking the stern. Check out the deck plans for Oasis/Allure of the Seas.

Not sure what ship you are thinking of but Ive never been on the Allure and I know the Samba Grill is forward in the Solarium which is at the very front of the ship.

Ummm, I guess you need to check out the floor plans :confused:

We've eaten in the Samba Grill on the Radiance and Allure. I loved it both times. I am not a big meat eater but the men I traveled with were and were not disappointed. On the Radiance a vegetarian joined us. They were most accommodating in giving her a nice piece of fish. The salad bar and bread are amazing! I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

I'm seeing lots of comments about the salads, meats & desserts. Are there side dishes to go along with the meat course, besides bread? Like potato, vegetable, rice, beans...something?

Here is the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sambagrill.pdf

All I can find regarding side dishes is the term "sumptuous appetizer display".

Here is the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sambagrill.pdf

All I can find regarding side dishes is the term "sumptuous appetizer display".

Thank you very much. What an odd menu. :confused: We've been considering this and/or Chops, which is getting unfavorable mentions now after the menu change. Having these menus ahead of time helps with planning -- thanks again.