Pier to Airport

1st time in Hawaii

In reading the posts, there are lots of taxis in line waiting at the pier.

How much can you expect to pay NCL pier to Airport ?

Do all the cabs charge the same fare ? Flat rate or metered ?

What is the latest that you can get off the POA?. I have several hours before my flight, but not enough time for an excursion. On another cruise line, they were anxious for everyone to disembark so they could prepare for the newbies.

In reading the posts, there are lots of taxis in line waiting at the pier.

How much can you expect to pay NCL pier to Airport ?

Do all the cabs charge the same fare ? Flat rate or metered ?

What is the latest that you can get off the POA?. I have several hours before my flight, but not enough time for an excursion. On another cruise line, they were anxious for everyone to disembark so they could prepare for the newbies.

The times may vary a little port to port, but I have the disembark times from a Miami cruise, which got into port about the same time the POA does. On NCL you choose your own time to get off, no assignments made. You choose the color tag corresponding to the approximate time you want to get off. Times will be in 15 minute increments roughly 8:45 to 10:00. If you want "Easy Walk Off" which is the very earliest you can leave, ( probably around 7:45 ) you don't even need a color tag, but you carry your own luggage off.

There were two times listed for NCL transfers, one at 8:45 and one at 9:15. If that is too early for you, I would just go by cab and leave later. Last disembarkation time was listed as 10:00 am.

Depending on your flight schedule, there are some tours, NCL or independent like through Roberts, which will meet you at the ship early, store your luggage, and then drop you and luggage off at the airport at the end of the tour.

Edited by punkincc

The last "tag" time is 9 AM. We also had a few hours until flight (3:20).

Left the cabin a few minutes past 9 and there was a line to disembark. I would think you could hang back a little longer.

There is a taxi line - a long one. But it moves quickly. Of course, we were not in any rush either. Our fare was around $25 (cabbie charged us for our 2 large bags which my cab from Waikiki to pier did not). As far as I know, there are no flat fares, unless you can pre-arrange a pick up with a service. Taking a cab should not be a problem.