In-Cabin Internet on Radiance Class

aearly

Hey, I am going on the Radiance of the Seas later this week. I am wondering, for the In-Cabin internet, is it the same as on the Voyager-Class where you get a special phone from the pursers desk where you can then access a dial-up connection with your computer? Or, do you get High Speed on the Radiance class? If so, would you technically be able to access the internet from your room with your own network cable or does the jack have to be activated? Thanks a lot

We had a thread running last week about wireless internet. One of the posters is on the Radiance this week, and said he would post about the internet from the ship.

Keep an eye on a thread called "wireless on ship?". He might be able to give you the info you need.

Hey, I am going on the Radiance of the Seas later this week. I am wondering, for the In-Cabin internet, is it the same as on the Voyager-Class where you get a special phone from the pursers desk where you can then access a dial-up connection with your computer? Or, do you get High Speed on the Radiance class? If so, would you technically be able to access the internet from your room with your own network cable or does the jack have to be activated? Thanks a lot

OK I can only tell you about how it worls on the Jewel, the newest and last one of the Radiance class.

You don´t get a special phone. You will get a special cable to connect which has one RJ-45 plug and one RJ-11 plug on the other side.

The RJ-45 plugs into a socket in the vanity area. The RJ-11 has to connect to your modem. It´s a dial-up conection! You need a modem! The connection is not High speed. It´s around 42-49 kbps.

If you don´t have an extension cord you will have to use the computer on the desk at the vanity area as the provided cable is really short.

They have a deposit for the cabe which is refunded when the cable is returned the last evening.

OK I can only tell you about how it worls on the Jewel, the newest and last one of the Radiance class.

You don´t get a special phone. You will get a special cable to connect which has one RJ-45 plug and one RJ-11 plug on the other side.

The RJ-45 plugs into a socket in the vanity area. The RJ-11 has to connect to your modem. It´s a dial-up conection! You need a modem! The connection is not High speed. It´s around 42-49 kbps.

If you don´t have an extension cord you will have to use the computer on the desk at the vanity area as the provided cable is really short.

They have a deposit for the cabe which is refunded when the cable is returned the last evening.

Exact same way on Radiance, Serenade, and Jewel (haven't done Brillance so can't speak for it).

Archived