question about clothes on Silhouette

Sunshine2001

I'm going to be going on my first Celebrity cruise this august to the Mediterranean. I usually go with NCL because of their more relaxed outfits policy. I read Celebrity policy on what to wear but I found it strange that it says no shorts at night. I can understand for the assigned meal sitting or the restaurants for if you are just going to the buffet can men not wear shorts and a shirt? This is new for me so any insight would be appreciated. I also noticed no flip flops at night. This is also confusing because you can buy dressy flip flops and some people that's all they wear. How strict are these rules?

thanks a bunch

I'm going to be going on my first Celebrity cruise this august to the Mediterranean. I usually go with NCL because of their more relaxed outfits policy. I read Celebrity policy on what to wear but I found it strange that it says no shorts at night. I can understand for the assigned meal sitting or the restaurants for if you are just going to the buffet can men not wear shorts and a shirt? This is new for me so any insight would be appreciated. I also noticed no flip flops at night. This is also confusing because you can buy dressy flip flops and some people that's all they wear. How strict are these rules?

thanks a bunch

DH and I just came back from the Med on the Silhouette in June. You will love the ship! We didn't bring any formal clothes, chose to eat in Specialty or the buffet those nights. I would wear capris and a nice top and didn't feel out of place. I would wear strappy sandals or dressy flip flops and was just fine. DH wears khakis and a short sleeve cotton or knit polo top and was good. This is all for the main dining room on smart casual nights. In the buffet, you can wear shorts, t-shirts, flip flops anytime...just no bathing suits. We attended most of the shows, wearing what we wore to dinner and were just fine. The main thing is to not go to the Dining Room on Formal night without a jacket for the guy as well as the no shorts rule.

Have fun!!

You just aren't suppose to wear t-shirts and shorts during dinner in the MDR. You can wear them during lunch and breakfast. My husband wore jeans or khakis and mostly buttoned up shirts and polos at night. Most nights when dinner was over, he'd changed back into shorts or t-shirts and we'd go to the show or visit a bar etc. You should be fine. Enjoy your cruise!

Dear OP

All the answers you have received so far are 100% correct but it is only a matter of time before the dissenting voices appear. I advise you to, in the immortal words of Sméagol, "leave now and never come back", at least not to this thread. It may get nasty :D

Enjoy your cruise