Which side of ship

couchking

If you are sailing into venice and have a balcony then Starboard is nice as you will have great view and decks get very crowded.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Draw a line on a map - Rome to Barca and you will see that the port side faces south...after that just depends what you are looking for

Edited by 4Mast

Draw a line on a map - Rome to Barca and you will see that the port side faces south...after that just depends what you are looking for

Unfortunately, the cruise doesn't follow that nice straight line, and at different times the port side will face north, east and west as well! :)

ROM_FLR_NCE_AJA_PTS_PMI_BCN.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to stay away from cigarette and cigar smoke , look to see which side of the ship has the smoking areas.

IMHO, this is the best advice considering the itinerary.

Your ship will cruise primarily at night. Compass points matter if/when you spend time watching the sea from a balcony.

Penny

Sorry, I meant the Equinox. Not going to Venice, but visiting Greek Isles.

Thanks for the update.

I agree with SEWON and PINOTBLANC when the say:

If you want to stay away from cigarette and cigar smoke , look to see which side of the ship has the smoking areas.

IMHO, this is the best advice considering the itinerary.

Your ship will cruise primarily at night. Compass points matter if/when you spend time watching the sea from a balcony.

Penny

Agreed... When choosing a cabin this is more of a concern to us than any view (doesn't matter how great the view from your balcony is if you cannot sit out there and enjoy it)

On Celebrity Ships the Smoking Areas are all port side... So we opt for Aft over the wake or Portside.

On an S-Class Ship it is hard to beat the "hump" or "bump" cabins on the angles with the oversized balconies !!

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB