FTTF dates don't make sense

Boozebabe

So, I booked a cruise last week sailing Jan 25, 2015. Then I tried to sign up for FTTF. All other excursions have the date of the excursion which co-ordinates with the day we are in that port. BUT FTTF has a different date every time I sign on. The latest attempt showed a date of Feb 23, 2016. Other dates are also no where near our date of embarkation. Anyone else see this?

It also doesn't give me the option of booking it so I am assuming there are no more available for our sailing at this time. But the different dates is very confusing to me. I'm hoping they open up more as we get closer.

So, I booked a cruise last week sailing Jan 25, 2015. Then I tried to sign up for FTTF. All other excursions have the date of the excursion which co-ordinates with the day we are in that port. BUT FTTF has a different date every time I sign on. The latest attempt showed a date of Feb 23, 2016. Other dates are also no where near our date of embarkation. Anyone else see this?

It also doesn't give me the option of booking it so I am assuming there are no more available for our sailing at this time. But the different dates is very confusing to me. I'm hoping they open up more as we get closer.

Did you just try to look? I know something wonky is happening with the excursions right now. For my upcoming cruise, about 25 more just showed up out of nowhere as available this afternoon with different dates that range outside our cruise period. And our FTTF is no longer visible as well. There were 7 spots available this morning.

I would give it a little time and check back. They could be doing site maintenance and/or getting ready to upload a batch of new excursions.

Edited by MV Wiggle

The date is getting closer. I just now checked and the FTTF date was Sun Feb 22. But it had no year this time. I check 5 or 6 times per day. Hopefully it will eventually be the correct date AND be available.

Are you checking excursions from your cruise itinerary or from the general excursions page? When you check from the Manage your cruise page, you should only get the excursions available during your cruise.

I'm going to Manage My Cruise. I'm just thinking its because none of them are available right now. All the other excursions have a green button to purchase them. This one does not have the green button. Other tours for Miami AFTER the cruise (such as tours of Miami and transportation to MIA) show a date of Jan 1, 0001

When you check from the Manage your cruise page, you should only get the excursions available during your cruise.

It should be, but that is not always true, especially if Carnival is doing maintenance or batch uploading a bunch of new excursions. Carnival just added made 25 new excursions available for my cruise dated January 11-18, 2015, but as you can see from the picture below that I just screen grabbed, the FTTF is dated September 28, the Canopy Adventure is September 24, and the Rainforest Excursion is November 13 - and none are available to book.

https://flic.kr/p/ovZtng

ovZtng

Edited by MV Wiggle
Can not get photo to appear.

Interesting. On yours the dates are out of the range of your cruise and the Add To Cart button instead says Learn More. When looking at the excursions on my next cruise a couple says Sold Out where the Add to Cart button would be but has the correct date range. Something odd about how Carnival is managing the excursion availability on their web site.

When looking at the excursions on my next cruise a couple says Sold Out where the Add to Cart button would be but has the correct date range. Something odd about how Carnival is managing the excursion availability on their web site.

I have a couple of those too. They are the debark day ones that have the excursion with the airport transfer. Just too many total to grab in one screen shot. Those ones have pretty much always been there since day 1, while the ones in the photo just showed up today. I would have never noticed except I also happened to look last night and only had 63 excursions compared to 87 this afternoon. I just happen to check excursions almost daily because currently there are only a few offered for St. Kitts and St. Lucia.

Edited by MV Wiggle

Yes the date should say the date of Embarkation on it, if it doesn't something weird is up. I wonder how many people will book it not knowing this? Not everyone goes to cruise critic to ask questions! Do you think Carnival would honor this?? It is their mistake....

Yes the date should say the date of Embarkation on it, if it doesn't something weird is up. I wonder how many people will book it not knowing this? Not everyone goes to cruise critic to ask questions! Do you think Carnival would honor this?? It is their mistake....

It won't let you reserve it (add to card), so no problems...

Edited by MV Wiggle