Richard spacey going back to cruise director

For anyone that follows Richard spacey on twitter he's leaving his office job and coming back as a cruise director but sadly he's sticking to celebrity cruises. Says gonna be on the summit end of September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He was awesome on FOS last year.. I talked to him for a few minutes after a show and I couldn't imagine that guy sitting still for any length of time at a desk job. Glad hes back on a ship entertaining, he really is great at it.

For anyone that follows Richard spacey on twitter he's leaving his office job and coming back as a cruise director but sadly he's sticking to celebrity cruises. Says gonna be on the summit end of September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our CD on Oasis and Freedom.

In the words of Tina Turner...........Simply the Best!!

Looks like its the Celebrity Summit for us next year then :D

OMG ! What fantastic news !!! :D:eek:

Read some of the twitter posts ... he simply posted that he will be on summit.

Is there a chance that he decided to be on the ship to not do his job from an office on "dry-land" ? :rolleyes:

Any info if he is finally back as a CD and if he will be moving to RCCL again sometime ?

I don't know if I really want to go on a Celebrity ship ...

PS Whenever I book a cruise I think of him, I think we had him 3 times as a CD so far ... sometimes I get my weekly 'dose' of Rich by simply watching his evolution of dance on YouTube ... that always fixes my day.

Edited by ChristianDecker

OMG ! What fantastic news !!! :D:eek:

Read some of the twitter posts ... he simply posted that he will be on summit.

Is there a chance that he decided to be on the ship to not do his job from an office on "dry-land" ? :rolleyes:

Any info if he is finally back as a CD and if he will be moving to RCCL again sometime ?

I don't know if I really want to go on a Celebrity ship ...

PS Whenever I book a cruise I think of him, I think we had him 3 times as a CD so far ... sometimes I get my weekly 'dose' of Rich by simply watching his evolution of dance on YouTube ... that always fixes my day.

He confirmed he will be the cd in a later tweet. it sounds temporary though, so not sure if he left his desk job or if it's just temporary. Hope he makes his way back to Royal Caribbean eventually.

I thought I read here once that he left RCI to work for Disney then came back. Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick update:

Found the following:

Rich: "Been away for a while but on my way back to sea. Thank you Celebrity for all that you have done for me."

Angie: "Will you be on the Allure? We hope so"

Rich: "Sorry no I am working for Celebrity now. Starting on the summit"

So this sounds to me as he will be the CD there to be followed by other Celebrity ships. But you never know ?! When I was on the Freedom while Oasis was built/new, I asked him, if he will move to Oasis ... back then he told me 'No, I will always stay here' ...

But maybe his plan is to rock Celebrity ships a little bit to have them appear more 'attractive' for a "broader" audience.

Edited by ChristianDecker

He is the BEST CD!!! We were fortunate to have sailed with him twice. I can't imagine him behind a desk so I'm happy to hear that he's going back to doing what he obviously loves :)

Here's a few action shots of him from FOS 2013.......see what I mean?

IMG_3799.jpg.090c447abc8f9fbf9f1ee267e8f752f6.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg.d138d868412f1b215dc21a2d21a4ce51.jpg

IMG_3813.jpg.1815cc6b92dc859106018db5b9989b34.jpg

Edited by PurrSusan

I've never had a cruise director who seemed to greatly enhance (or distract from) a cruise and I couldn't tell you the name of almost any of them. EXCEPT Richard Spacey. He was so high energy w/o being over the top obnoxious. And he was EVERYWHERE. Very available and participated in so many activities. I've cruised a lot and he is by far my favorite CD.

But now I'm BUMMED. I'll be on the Summit soon, but I go home on September 7th. So close… and yet so far.

Lately the Summit has been the ship where they've been introducing a lot of new entertainment and food service changes (mostly good changes) as well as embarkation enhancements for certain categories etc. It's as if the Summit is becoming the vanguard of "new and improved" (though plenty are arguing the "improved" part) and I think he's going to be great with that Celebrity mentality.

Still…. I'm BUMMED! :(

I have only been on 2 cruises, but loved both Graham Seymour and Richard Spacey! I thought he would get bored with a desk job as the man was born to entertain! And as a bonus, he is easy on the eyes.

Good luck to him! I might have to sail Celebrity!