Timing of Captain's Welcome Dinner and Block Party

We are cruising for 10 days on the Navigator in November, and can make reservations for Prime 7 in a few weeks. We want to do Prime 7 early in the cruise, but do not want to reserve it for the night of the Captain's Welcome Dinner. I know that is usually held on the 2nd night of the cruise; we leave Nassau that day at 3:00pm, so it would be possible to do it then. However, the 3rd day is a sea day, so it would be just as easy (if not easier) to do it then.

My TA is checking with Regent to see if they know this far out what the timing of the Captain's Welcome will be, but I doubt they'll have that info yet. I'm hoping some of you frequent Regent cruisers can give me some idea of what has happened in past cruises regarding the Captain's Welcome, as well as when the Block Party might be held, given the early departure on day 2 and the sea day on day 3.

Have you considered booking Prime 7 for the first night of your cruise? The reason I ask is that we just completed a back to back cruise and the night of the Captain's Welcome dinner was different on both cruises. On the first segment is was the second night. On the second segment it was the third night. Due to the uncertainty of which night it will be, we always make a reservation for the first night.

Edited by Travelcat2

It's not the welcome we're interested in...it's the dinner. It has been our experience that the meal in Compass Rose that evening tends to be a bit more special than other evenings (lobster on the menu, for example). We've never been to the actual welcome either.

The night of the Captain's Welcome is sometimes formal optional also. Kind of fun for us. We often do not go to the cocktail party unless the Captain is someone we know and then it is nice to meet him (and the other officers) again. And yes, the dinner in Compass Rose is usually very nice.

I certainly understand why TahoeTraveler is interested in the dinner on the night of the Captain's Welcome as the menu is special (as it is the night of the Captain's Farewell). The only "event" we attend onboard is for the Gold and above Seven Seas Society -- not a night when there is a special menu:-) We enjoyed Chateaubriand on one special night, Beef Wellington on another and there is usually a lobster dish and an appetizer with caviar. Yummmmmm!

Oh, TC, as if I wasn't already so excited about this cruise. Now you've got my mouth watering!!! I think we're going to go with your suggestion of doing Prime 7 on the first night, by the way. No worries then about missing anything...as I certainly would not ever want to miss Beef Wellington!!