Fellow 'cave dwellers' ...a question?

Lovely other

For those travelling with laptops, smartphones and/or tablets, there's a number of apps that will provide a synthetic sunrise on your screen. I'm still trying to decide on which one to get for my iPad, so no recommendations. I might change my mind and load this one on my MacBook:

Description

Wake Up Light is a very special alarm clock for your Mac. It wakes you up with a full screen gradually brightening light to help you feel more energized all day. The beautiful sunrise effect is a natural cue for your body to increase the level of cortisone, which is also referred to as the energy hormone.

Wake Up Light simulates sunrise at the speed of your choice, so you can adjust it to suit your personal preference. At the alarm time the chosen sound turns on, and the sunrise effect reaches it's brightest.

I can't help with the light issue but in general, sluggishness can be alleviated with drinking plenty of water..3 quarts a day...I am guessing water is not wang wang ;) I know its hard to drink that much water for some people.

Also, exercising everyday will help keep your strength up on a daily basis..I mean use the gym, swim in the pool or power walk the promenade deck. The longer the journey, I imagine the harder it is to get out of the funk.

These things can lead to more stamina, better quality sleep and thus the ability to feel more refreshed in the morning.

Edited by pmjnh

I can't help with the light issue but in general, sluggishness can be alleviated with drinking plenty of water..3 quarts a day...I am guessing water is not wang wang ;) I know its hard to drink that much water for some people.

Also, exercising everyday will help keep your strength up on a daily basis..I mean use the gym, swim in the pool or power walk the promenade deck. The longer the journey, I imagine the harder it is to get out of the funk.

These things can lead to more stamina, better quality sleep and thus the ability to feel more refreshed in the morning.

I agree with you there. I'm a big water drinker and a gym bunny. It's just the lack of natural light I guess. I live in the middle of a national park at home and don't have curtains is I wake up everyday to the sight of the hills (I'm a bit spoilt in that sense).

I'm going to go with the ship cam idea. I was intrigued by the mobile apps though ...