Prices of soda

silkhair1

There are some vending machines around (one is in the workout room) that dispense the alum "bottles". Was $2.50 in 2012. Cans in cabin fridges cost the same, I believe. May not be there now. Hope they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by Rhea98

There are some vending machines around (one is in the workout room) that dispense the alum "bottles". Was $2.50 in 2012. Cans in cabin fridges cost the same, I believe. May not be there now. Hope they are.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Correct, the cans in the minibar are the same price as a fountain soda at any bar on the ship ($2.10 + 15% gratuity). I would guess that you acutally get more soda in the can than you would in the cup thanks to the generous portion of ice they give you. :p I suppose you could ask them to go light on the ice though.

This is from a post about the Breakaway from June but maybe the Epic is similar.

You can purchase soda in a 20 oz bottle in the Arcade for $2. Cheaper than can/fountain and has a lid, so you can drink half and save the rest for later

From this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2057876

I'm pretty sure u don't need cash for vending machine u just insert your room keycard.

I'm pretty sure u don't need cash for vending machine u just insert your room keycard.

There was a vending machine on the Epic somewhere in the Solo cabin hallway area, I used it a few times, and I'm sure that it took my room card.

I'm sure NCL wants it to be as easy as possible for us to purchase things :)

Yes. And there was a machine in the arcade on the Epic, also. I remember that the bottles did have screw-on caps as reported by trenz. I don't drink Pepsi products, but DH purchased one daily as it seemed like the best deal for soda/bottled water.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Generally you don't get the cans. The prices are for tiny cups with ice totaling about 5 swallows.

This is true only if you are on the soda program. Otherwise, if you buy a can, they give you the can. Most often with a glass and ice.