first cruise with cunard

lanarkshire lad

HI.

We are thinking of doing a Black Sea Cruise from Southampton in September.

The choices are Queen victoria or Aurora.We like deck games ie hosted shuffle board and quoits on sea days .Does anyone know if The QV has these facilities?

We are struggling to make up our mind whether to try Cunard for the first time or stay with P&O as we are Caribean Level with P&O.

HI.

The choices are Queen victoria or Aurora.We like deck games ie hosted shuffle board and quoits on sea days .Does anyone know if The QV has these facilities?

We are struggling to make up our mind whether to try Cunard for the first time or stay with P&O as we are Caribean Level with P&O.

Having cruised both I would definitely choose Cunard. The food is far superior than on P&O. The ship is more elegant as well. Good luck and have a great cruise.

HI.We are thinking of doing a Black Sea Cruise from Southampton in September.The choices are Queen victoria or Aurora.We like deck games ie hosted shuffle board and quoits on sea days .Does anyone know if The QV has these facilities?We are struggling to make up our mind whether to try Cunard for the first time or stay with P&O as we are Caribean Level with P&O.
Hi lanarkshire lad,

Here:

Are photos taken on a short cruise on QV (including a shot of the games deck)

And here:

Are photos of QV's interiors.

(Below is a link to photos of QM2 and QE),

I hope they help you decide which ship.

A huge Bon Voyage in either case! :)

Edited by pepperrn

HI.

Well, they say a change is as good as a rest. Give QV a go - I'm certain you'll love it.

J

Pepperrn,

What beautiful photos of the Victoria! I had no idea she was so attractive. She seems like a lovely vessel. Will have to take a peek and see where she goes! I'm impressed!!! Thanks for sending them!

Pepperrn, What beautiful photos of the Victoria! I had no idea she was so attractive. She seems like a lovely vessel. Will have to take a peek and see where she goes! I'm impressed!!! Thanks for sending them!
Thank you :o , my pleasure, if you book a cruise on her, have the most wonderful time :)

Hi lanarkshire lad,

Here:

Are photos taken on a short cruise on QV (including a shot of the games deck)

And here:

Are photos of QV's interiors.

(Below is a link to photos of QM2 and QE),

I hope they help you decide which ship.

A huge Bon Voyage in either case! :)

As always, Pepper, your photos are wonderful!

Haven't been on the QV yet myself---your photos make her look like a very appealing vessel.

Thank you for sharing with us! Jimmybean

As always, Pepper, your photos are wonderful! Haven't been on the QV yet myself---your photos make her look like a very appealing vessel. Thank you for sharing with us! Jimmybean
Hi jimmybean,

Thank you :o . I must book QV again and photograph more of the ship :) .

Thank you again and sincere best wishes :) .

I hope you don't mind me asking Pepper: do you take many of your photos in the early morning hours?

I admire how you can capture parts of the ship often without any passengers in the scene. Not that passenger photos aren't also interesting, but sometimes I think photos that concentrate on the space(s) turn out best to show what a ship is like.

Jimmybean

I hope you don't mind me asking Pepper: do you take many of your photos in the early morning hours? I admire how you can capture parts of the ship often without any passengers in the scene. Not that passenger photos aren't also interesting, but sometimes I think photos that concentrate on the space(s) turn out best to show what a ship is like. Jimmybean
Hi jimmybean,

Of course I don't mind :) . Yes, I get up early as routine (I think it is the best time of day on board, it can feel like you've the whole ship to yourself). And sometimes take the opportunity to photograph parts of the ship without people in shot, I think it makes a nicer photo.

Other reasons are;

I don't wish to get in people's way when standing in the middle of a corridor or blocking access, camera in hand. That would be very selfish.

Most people are kind and will wait while I take the shot, but I don't wish to inconvenience people, and feel self-conscious if I hold people up just so I can take a "snap". Better to take the shot while no-one else is about.

And lastly, for privacy reasons I try not to make people the subject of a photo. So I try to take pictures when places are empty. People do appear "in shot" of course, but I hope that they are incidental to the scene, frequently I wait until they look away before taking the photo.

Thank you again :) Happy sailings for the future.

Edited by pepperrn

Hi jimmybean,

Of course I don't mind :) . Yes, I get up early as routine (I think it is the best time of day on board, it can feel like you've the whole ship to yourself). And sometimes take the opportunity to photograph parts of the ship without people in shot, I think it makes a nicer photo.

Other reasons are;

I don't wish to get in people's way when standing in the middle of a corridor or blocking access, camera in hand. That would be very selfish.

Most people are kind and will wait while I take the shot, but I don't wish to inconvenience people, and feel self-conscious if I hold people up just so I can take a "snap". Better to take the shot while no-one else is about.

And lastly, for privacy reasons I try not to make people the subject of a photo. So I try to take pictures when places are empty. People do appear "in shot" of course, but I hope that they are incidental to the scene, frequently I wait until they look away before taking the photo.

Thank you again :) Happy sailings for the future.

As I imagined. Thank you for confirming.

Your thoughtfulness and considerate nature always comes through in your postings. I'm not surprised that the same extends to shipboard behavior.

Your next voyage is coming up next month, isn't it, Pepper? Happy Sailings back to you.

Jimmybean