Yet another Price drop Question

khrivnak

I have a porthole on my upcoming Liberty. I saw that inside rates have dropped $120 for "1S" which Im reading is just a generic term for Inside cabins. I initially booked Early Saver and this rate is one of two rates under the "More The Merrier" rate.

I know that because I'm porthole, I'll most likely be denied, I'm just hoping it maybe slides by :D .... for $120 I'm also willing to gamble on losing the porthole for a regular interior room if I have to (for as much as we're in the room.....). What I DONT want to do is lose my ability for future price drops under the Early Saver.

Since there are two "More = Merrier" and if by chance this one has rules of the Guarantee where they pick a cabin, if they switch my room, would I also lose Early Saver amenities such as ability to apply for future price drops?

If you took advantage of matching to the IS guarantee price, you would have to give up your room, wait for Carnival to assign you an interior cabin somewhere on the ship and you will never again be eligible for any further price drops regardless of the fact that your original booking was Early Saver.

I have a porthole on my upcoming Liberty. I saw that inside rates have dropped $120 for "1S" which Im reading is just a generic term for Inside cabins. I initially booked Early Saver and this rate is one of two rates under the "More The Merrier" rate.

I know that because I'm porthole, I'll most likely be denied, I'm just hoping it maybe slides by :D .... for $120 I'm also willing to gamble on losing the porthole for a regular interior room if I have to (for as much as we're in the room.....). What I DONT want to do is lose my ability for future price drops under the Early Saver.

Since there are two "More = Merrier" and if by chance this one has rules of the Guarantee where they pick a cabin, if they switch my room, would I also lose Early Saver amenities such as ability to apply for future price drops?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but don't some of the 1S have bunk beds?

If you took advantage of matching to the IS guarantee price, you would have to give up your room, wait for Carnival to assign you an interior cabin somewhere on the ship and you will never again be eligible for any further price drops regardless of the fact that your original booking was Early Saver.

You cannot Downgrade with ES! so matching an ES inside to a guarantee inside is a downgrade:)

My understanding is you can not price match early saver to a guarantee. You can only price match to rates where you are able to pick your stateroom. Yes, once early saver always early saver.

They do allow ES price match with upgrade to a higher category guarantee like ES OV to Balcony guarantee, some did this on my recent Dream cruise:)

They do allow ES price match with upgrade to a higher category guarantee like ES OV to Balcony guarantee, some did this on my recent Dream cruise:)

I don't think you can reserve or upgrade any guarantee with ES

Edited by SeaUs

I don't think you can reserve or upgrade any guarantee with ES

Maybe not consistantly, but I can tell you I just did this exact thing.

Upgraded from inside ES to GTD Balcony, and have since got OBC for a price drop on said GTD balcony.