Grand Class Ships - Owner's Suite

Lambface

Anyone ever been in the "Owner's Suite" on a Grand Class Ship? Would love to hear your comments . . . size of room, layout, balcony size . . . bathroom. We've booked it on the Caribbean Princess and wonder if it's worth the $. Any information would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

We had a Vista Suite on the Golden and friends had the Owner's Suite - truthfully, I wasn't impressed - I expected more. For some reason, the room looks "boring" in color to me compared to the other suites I have been in and the balcony was small. I much prefer the PS and PH suite to the Owner's Suite. You do gain a place in the suite to eat your meals but the balcony is so small - I would rather have a larger balcony and no table in the suite (just my opinion).

I have pictures of the Owner's Suite in my album (they are labeled):

suite pics

Someone recently posted the Owner's Suite pics on the Diamond or Sapphire and it looked identical to my Golden pics.

Thank you so much for your thoughts/pictures. We booked the cruise/stateroom just last month and the pickings were slim . . . and we like an aft stateroom, so we'll see how it turns out. We've already paid the bill so I'm bound and determined to have a great time no matter what! :) Thanks again!

Hi Paul -- fabulous pictures. The stateroom is beautiful -- I've never seen the Grand Suite available when trying to book. The pictures "Coral" posted were of an older ship and the decor of the Owner's Suite was pretty boring. I would assume the furnishings in the Owners Suite on the Caribbean Princess would be similar to your/the Grand Suite just two doors down, so I think we made a good choice. Thanks again for posting the pics.

I would assume the furnishings in the Owners Suite on the Caribbean Princess would be similar to your/the Grand Suite just two doors down, so I think we made a good choice. Thanks again for posting the pics.

We stayed in the Owner's Suite on the Sapphire, a ship that is around the same age as the Caribbean Princess and it looks identical to Coral's pictures. The Grand Suite is gorgeous on all the ships, even the older ones. I agree with Coral in that I would not book this cabin again. I would either go with the Grand Suite or a smaller suite. If I was to bet, I would bet that the Owner's Suite is identical to Coral's pictures.

Hi Coral,

You stated in your post that you personally would like the PH or PS, but you had stayed in a VS. You didn't like the VS? I am asking because we are in a VS (E732) on our upcoming September cruise on the CB. DO you know if they are basically the same as the Grand? Thanks for any info.

Hi Coral,

You stated in your post that you personally would like the PH or PS, but you had stayed in a VS. You didn't like the VS? I am asking because we are in a VS (E732) on our upcoming September cruise on the CB. DO you know if they are basically the same as the Grand? Thanks for any info.

I have stayed in a PS on the Grand and a VS on the Golden. Both times, I had friends in a PH on the ships and on the Golden I had friends in the OS.

I would stay again in a VS also but given a choice, the PH or PS would be favored by just a tad bit. The VS was a tad bit smaller - in that when one first walked into the cabin, on the PH and PS, we had a desk right next to the couch. On the VS, we had an end table. The balcony on our VS (on Dolphin deck), while a nice size, was sligthtly larger on the PH and PS. We also had a support beam on the VS's balcony. It was small but still present.

Otherwise, they were the same cabin and I would happily stay in the VS again. Note to Princess - you can upgrade me on my next trip to any suite cabin (hopefully that will work).

You will not be disappointed in the VS.

If you are happy with the pictures Coral posted, you will be fine and will enjoy the suite. If you are expecting something similar to the Grand Suite, you will be disappointed. Cabins on Grand, Golden, Diamond, Sapphire, Caribbean, Coral and Island Princess are almost identical to each other with the exception of the front suites on the Diamond and Sapphire. Those are unique.

Archived