Later boarding times at OPT?

Hi all

I've just printed out my boarding passes for the 2 cruises I'm taking in October this year.

1) 3.10.14 2-night Rhapsody - boarding time 2.30 - 6.30

2) 20.10.14 16-night Radiance - boarding time 1.00 - 5.00

It seems to me that these are much later times than normal. Has anyone else experienced later boarding times for Royal cruises? :confused:

Gae

PS - for anyone who's been following my little story, I had my knee operation brought forward so that I could fully enjoy these upcoming cruises. I saw my Otheo. one Tuesday and was operated on the next. It's been 15 days since the operation and it's been a lot of hard work with Physio to get movement back but I'm determined :(

Don't know about those boarding times, I know they are staggered by decks, but maybe something has changed due to the renovations? We must get our stuff organised for November on Solstice, so I will watch out for the boarding times. Thanks for the heads up.

Glad to hear you have had your operation and hope you get better real quick! :)

Good to hear you are on the mend.

gBenjo may be able to shed some light on this issue but I would say the renovations may be causing some havoc (traffic, etc) with the loading and unloading of baggage, cargo etc, as well as passengers.:D

Hi all

I've just printed out my boarding passes for the 2 cruises I'm taking in October this year.

1) 3.10.14 2-night Rhapsody - boarding time 2.30 - 6.30

2) 20.10.14 16-night Radiance - boarding time 1.00 - 5.00

It seems to me that these are much later times than normal. Has anyone else experienced later boarding times for Royal cruises? :confused:

Gae

PS - for anyone who's been following my little story, I had my knee operation brought forward so that I could fully enjoy these upcoming cruises. I saw my Otheo. one Tuesday and was operated on the next. It's been 15 days since the operation and it's been a lot of hard work with Physio to get movement back but I'm determined :(

Hi Gae,

I am also going on the Rhapsody in October for the weekend, although it's my first cruise and I'm booked on a different cruise next year, I noticed the late time as well as I've been told this by my friends who have cruised before, although I haven't printed my boarding pass as yet.

I haven't followed your story but wishing you well for your recovery!

Michelle :)

Edited by chchgirl
extra info!

Good to hear you are on the mend.

gBenjo may be able to shed some light on this issue but I would say the renovations may be causing some havoc (traffic, etc) with the loading and unloading of baggage, cargo etc, as well as passengers.:D

Although I do not know for sure I would say the later and extended check in times are preemptive due to the renovations. It is a bit of an unknown as to what space will be available to us for debark and embark come the start of the Summer cruise season in October. I have been doing the turnarounds for Carnival in the off season and each time there are changes with less and less area available with the " demolition" phase of the project. Hopefully by October there should be some progress and construction will be underway but I guess Royal have no other option but to take the pessimistic option and plan for the worst.....but hope for the best:)

Obviously it is not an ideal situation but everyone will still get on(and off) their ships and go on their cruises and yes, it may take a bit longer but as I have said before, the end result will be well worth it..... Remember....no pain ..no gain .....so bear with us and we will try and make it as easy as possible...please.

Although I do not know for sure I would say the later and extended check in times are preemptive due to the renovations. It is a bit of an unknown as to what space will be available to us for debark and embark come the start of the Summer cruise season in October. I have been doing the turnarounds for Carnival in the off season and each time there are changes with less and less area available with the " demolition" phase of the project. Hopefully by October there should be some progress and construction will be underway but I guess Royal have no other option but to take the pessimistic option and plan for the worst.....but hope for the best:)

Obviously it is not an ideal situation but everyone will still get on(and off) their ships and go on their cruises and yes, it may take a bit longer but as I have said before, the end result will be well worth it..... Remember....no pain ..no gain .....so bear with us and we will try and make it as easy as possible...please.

Thanks for your answer Graham! I'm excited about the improvements being made at the terminal & as I'm also very interested in all construction it will be an added bonus to see how everything is taking shape!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, the boarding times may be later in the day to avoid the midday sun. The pictures I have seen of the OPT renovations show only a small tent for people to stand under. In regard to your knee, as soon as you can get in the water & do your physio exercises. My mum did this and at her 6 week check up the orthopaedic surgeon was really happy with her range of motion & low level of pain. Have a great cruise.

Regards

Ozcruisiegirl

Regards Ozcruisiegirl

I knew you would have the answers. Thanks Graham.:D

Thanks for all the get well wishes! Yes the exercises are paramount to full recovery. So many have empathised this so I grit my teeth & do them!

Thanks for all the get well wishes! Yes the exercises are paramount to full recovery. So many have empathised this so I grit my teeth & do them!

Good luck, the motivation of future cruises should help you get through the physio.:D

Hi Gaechan, ref physio on your knee - don't even think about getting into a pool to exercise until you have been given the all clear from the doctor/physio. They have to be sure that your incision has healed over totally and there is no risk of infection to the wound. But once you have the all clear - physio in the pool is excellent. Happy healing and sailing.