Early to Bahamas

liveonbeach

Lots of ships get into Nassau early - Royal Caribbean Allure, Oasis, and Majesty of the Seas, Norwegian Sky, several different Carnival ships.

Check out this link. It tells you what ships are in Nassau on different days and if you hover over the ship name, it says what time the ship will be in port.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Bahamas/455-Nassau/August_2014/

Does anyone know of any cruise lines that get you to Nassau, Bahamas by 8-8:30am?

Although some may get into port early, you need to add time to disembark, which can take up to an hour depending on the number of ships in and how fast the port processes your arrival. It can also take another 10 -20 minutes to get out of the port and grab a cab.

Why the hurry?

LOL the hurry is because there is an excursion that I want to do that starts at 8:30am.

Thank you for your very helpful information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cruise on Enchantment with RCCL is in port from 7-3. Airfare from Jersey wasn't too bad.

The cruise on Enchantment with RCCL is in port from 7-3. Airfare from Jersey wasn't too bad.

The problem is, my husband won't fly. But, I think I am going to have to get him to somehow.

The problem is, my husband won't fly. But, I think I am going to have to get him to somehow.

My husband hates to fly too, but fortunately he does it anyway because we love going to the Caribbean. :) Good luck!

Which excursion are you trying to catch?

My husband hates to fly too, but fortunately he does it anyway because we love going to the Caribbean. :) Good luck!

Which excursion are you trying to catch?

The one from Nassau to Excuma.

The one from Nassau to Excuma.

Ooo, that's a tough one. We did one of the powerboat tours last year (while we were in Nassau for the weekend) and it was amazing. It would be really difficult to do it on a cruise. Personally, I wouldn't do it unless the ship was staying until midnight or overnight. It's a 40-mile boat ride and you never know what could go wrong.

I hope you can get your husband to fly to the Bahamas for the tour!

Ooo, that's a tough one. We did one of the powerboat tours last year (while we were in Nassau for the weekend) and it was amazing. It would be really difficult to do it on a cruise. Personally, I wouldn't do it unless the ship was staying until midnight or overnight. It's a 40-mile boat ride and you never know what could go wrong.

I hope you can get your husband to fly to the Bahamas for the tour!

I totally agree. This is not the tour you take when you're only in town a few hours. These boats are often delayed due to weather and other reasons.

Yeah I can't believe they even offer it as an excursion.

Offered by whom? The cruiselines? If the cruiselines offer it, they will wait if there's a delay.

Offered in general? This is a very popular excursion for those on land vacations. Great full day excursion. It was never meant for cruisers. There are many tours that do not cater to cruisers.

It is through shipmate. If you go to the excursion section it is there. It leaves at 8:30 and us 6 1/2 hours long. So if we dock at 7:00am and leave at 4pm it should be perfect.

Unless this is specifically for your cruise, this tour doesn't leave until 9am and usually returns around 5pm. Sometimes a bit later.

I've never seen them leave earlier.

I'd check with the company directly before booking with a 3rd party.

http://www.powerboatadventures.com

http://www.powerboatadventures.com/book.php

Edited by tikib

We must be talking about different excursions. The high-speed boat tours to the Exumas that I know about (Powerboat Adventures, Island Word Adventures) don't get back to the ferry terminal until 5 PM. They are full-day tours.

Do you have a link to the excursion you're referring to? I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Do you have shipmate on your phone or can go to shipmates website. http://Www.shipmateapp.com

CruiseCrow is correct, there are only 2 companies that offer this. Both are FULL day experiences. For the record, that app is offering other tours that no longer exists. It's out of date.