Balcony Question on the Royal

crawford

Too many balcony categories for me to comprehend!

It seems to me that choosing a DF would be better than a BF.

Is it that simple or am I missing something?

Thanks!

A DF is a deluxe balcony cabin which is a new category on the Royal and Regal. Deluxe balcony cabins are slightly bigger and have a love seat rather than a chair. Balconies are the same size for both. Deluxe Balconies are typically more expensive but with the current sale they appear to be the same price. The lower the letter, the higher the price. For instance, a DE is more expensive than a DF and a DD is more expensive than a DE. Cabins are priced based up what Princess believes is the most desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

A DF is a deluxe balcony cabin which is a new category on the Royal and Regal. Deluxe balcony cabins are slightly bigger and have a love seat rather than a chair. Balconies are the same size for both. Deluxe Balconies are typically more expensive but with the current sale they appear to be the same price. The lower the letter, the higher the price. For instance, a DE is more expensive than a DF and a DD is more expensive than a DE. Cabins are priced based up what Princess believes is the most desirable.

if you look on the deckplans for Royal and Regal, look at Deck 9, midship. some of the balcony and deluxe balcony cabins below the seawalk and seaview bar are "extended" angle balconies.

if you look on the deckplans for Royal and Regal, look at Deck 9, midship. some of the balcony and deluxe balcony cabins below the seawalk and seaview bar are "extended" angle balconies.
I know, but was just trying to keep the answer somewhat simple. We looked at those but decided to try the "Caribe like" forward Emerald deck DZ's. Will see how bad the solid panel balcony obstruction impacts our view.

I thought I read somewhere that the balconies below the seawalk were considered partially obstructed?

We had one of those forward Emerald deck balconies. Loved it - it is more like the Caribe balconies of other ships, very spacious, and lots of room to stretch out. We didn't mind the solid wall instead of clear. When we want to really look at things we're always at the railing anyway! Ours was E109, which has the largest balcony of those in the bulkhead.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8749%3Dot%3E369%3B%3D%3B48%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E285797%3B%3A44257ot1lsi

Edited by bluenoser2

We had one of those forward Emerald deck balconies. Loved it - it is more like the Caribe balconies of other ships, very spacious, and lots of room to stretch out. We didn't mind the solid wall instead of clear. When we want to really look at things we're always at the railing anyway! Ours was E109, which has the largest balcony of those in the bulkhead.

232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv8749%3Dot%3E369%3B%3D%3B48%3D925%3DXROQDF%3E285797%3B%3A44257ot1lsi

That is the same cabin we have booked. There is the little opening in the partition where you can see the water's surface while seated. I believe those holes are in the partitions of six of the ten balconies. When you go to the railing you can look straight down to the water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Fabulous to hear, as we just booked E110 (the identical room on the port side) for Regal in January.

Thanks for the picture of that balcony, looks good to us.

Thanks for your replies. Went with a port side deluxe on the Marina deck.

You might want to check and see where on Marina the cabin is. If it is towards the bow, ahead of the forward elevators, there are cabins above it on Lido,

if it is to the rear of the forward elevators - you might want to consider the potential noise issues from the buffet and deck areas above.

Always safer to consider decks with cabins above and below.