Carnival Magic July 2014 review Steakhouse, SEUSS Jamaica, Cayman and Mexico

stressedmomof3

Okay, moving along to Cozumel. We love Cozumel and have been a couple times already- so this was the port we decided to just shop at and then get back onboard and enjoy the ship while it was empty.

We stopped at the Three Amigos right there at the pier for some soda and nachos. It had okay prices and happy we could sit an enjoy the breeze.

101_0087.jpg

Another pic of a restaurant on the pier ( They had a Mardi Gras type atmosphere and sold daiquiris):

101_0072.jpg

We got back on the ship and I asked the older kids about their kids clubs ( Circle C and Club O2). They said no one would probably be there so I took the opportunity to take some pics:

Door to Club O2 from the arcade:

101_0023.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

DSC03457.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

More pics:

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03448.jpg

My youngest son was not too thrilled with Circle C here. He said the counselor rarely showed up for events and there were dance parties each night that was not much of an interest for him. Everyone has their opinion as to what they like- but I am posting that this is the one area that he said was a less than thrilling aspect to the whole trip.

Next up...

DSC03426.jpg

This table was showcased by the main Lido deck pool when we arrived on the ship. This was soon moved indoors with a sign up sheet in between the outdoor entrance to Lido was and the entry to where you can catch the glass elevators in the Atrium.

Now over the course of the week they did have opportunities to have your picture taken with Sam I am, The Cat in the Hat and Thing 1 and Thing 2. They were all cute backdrops and the characters came out at certain times. I do not know if it was just for this first sailing or if it will happen on every sailing, but it seemed to be a huge hit with young and old alike.

Here is a picture of the ice sculpture as you walk into the dining room for the Seuss at Sea breakfast:

DSC03498.jpg

One of the larger decorated tables:

DSC03495.jpg

One of the smaller tables:

DSC03499.jpg

I will note here that we were seated with another family. It seemed you were not given a choice-not that it bothered us any. The breakfast I have to say really is catered to the young children. With whimsical music playing the whole time and character meet and greets, it did come off at times as cheesy.

You do have the opportunity here to have your children meet the characters for a quick hug and pic when they come by your table- but be sure to be quick as there is not much time before the character has to leave and a new character comes out.

I tried taking pics of the menus here but they are laminated and hard to get a decent pic without some sort of glare:

DSC03501.jpg

DSC03500.jpg

And lastly, I will end with some pics of the food served at the Seuss breakfast. The pancakes were good, the waffles very sweet. My son said he did not like green eggs and ham and my steak and eggs tasted like it had lighter fluid on them ( yuck!)

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

So all in all, it was a great vacation with my family.

Were there hiccups? Yep- sure there were- but just like everyday life, you move on and find something else to enjoy:)

Will we sail again on Carnival? Probably.

Will we recommend the Magic. Sure we will.

Hope this helps others out being able to see a pictorial review like it has for me over the past few years when I was trying to make my vacation plans.

And lastly, I will end with some pics of the food served at the Seuss breakfast. The pancakes were good, the waffles very sweet. My son said he did not like green eggs and ham and my steak and eggs tasted like it had lighter fluid on them ( yuck!)

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

So all in all, it was a great vacation with my family.

Were there hiccups? Yep- sure there were- but just like everyday life, you move on and find something else to enjoy:)

Will we sail again on Carnival? Probably.

Will we recommend the Magic. Sure we will.

Hope this helps others out being able to see a pictorial review like it has for me over the past few years when I was trying to make my vacation plans.

I do not want those, Sam I Am! :eek:

• 1 year later...