Fttf help?!?!

Do they ever open up more FTTF slots closer to cruise time? We leave in 9 days and I just now looked in to getting FTTF and of course it's sold out. Should I look at it every day between now and then or once it's sold out, it's sold out?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Youre way too late but you saved $50, because its not worth it.

My husband is so tight I swear he squeaks. Lol. :rolleyes: But he insists on getting FTTF for our cruises now. He says time is money and it saves us soooo much time. No waiting in lines at embarkation or debarkation, :) no waiting in line at the pursers desk (you use the platinum line that's almost always empty), no waiting for your cabin to be ready, and no waiting in long lines for tenders. We've done numerous cruises and this is the best bargain for the money. Don't listen to the naysayers, keep checking because it is well worth it. Good luck!

Youre way too late but you saved $50, because its not worth it.

Maybe not worth it to you but different people put value on different things. In my case it would be totally worth it to get to my room early. The reasons don't matter. By your reasoning, why would anyone pay for more than the cheapest cabin? Everyone gets the same means of transportation and choice of meals no matter what you pay. Its not your judgment whether its worth it to them or not. By the way it only costs approximately $1 to produce one of those frozen drinks on board. Is that worth the $8 they charge for them? Answer: Yes if thats what you want.

Yes keep checking several times a day. Some people will say it’s not worth it because they feel cheated that the perks they paid $$$$ for you can get for $50 per cabin. Enjoy if you get it well worth it

Edited by ATHENA3

Thanks, I'll do it!!!! For some reason I thought it was $49.99 each - not for the whole group. It's totally worth to keep from having to wait in line with a very active 2 year old!!

yea its just per cabin.. i dont blame you for wanting it especially with a lil one in tow (i totally get it!!! my son is 4 and his patience is about as long as his dads)... at least you tried finding it.. again just stalk the website.. :-)

I wish they would sell more FTTF slots. That would mean less folks in the regular line with me. On our three cruises, it has always been sold out.

But I won't won't watch it like a hawk or check it 4-5 times a day. As someone said, time is money, and I am not willing to spend that much time/effort before the cruise trying to buy FTTF. Probably spend more time trying to buy it than you save on the ship!

But then, we are late arrivers to the port, so there is no line to wait in, and we stroll right to our cabin for some unknown reason as we check all our luggage anyway. And getting off on the last day, we like to take out time...nice breakfast in the MDR, followed by hanging in our cabin until the stewart actually gives us the boot. We will be in our first tender port on our upcoming cruise and will see how that goes. My neighbor who was on the same cruise w/o FTTF last month said no problems. Plus I figure the excursion will wait for us! And I have only stood in line once at the guest services counter for maybe 15 minutes. All in all, I don't get the fuss of FTTF. But if you limit supply then everybody wants one...regardless what it is.

Do they ever open up more FTTF slots closer to cruise time? We leave in 9 days and I just now looked in to getting FTTF and of course it's sold out. Should I look at it every day between now and then or once it's sold out, it's sold out?

I was in same situation. I emailed:

shoreexcursions@carnival.com with all my name, Ship name, sail date and confirmation numbers, Requesting a FTTF waitlist. 2 days later, I got email from Carnival that slots had opened. Please try it. Seemed that I got notification before the new slots were available to book online.

Good luck

Edited by lazycruzer
More info

shoreexcursions@carnival.com with all my name, Ship name, sail date and confirmation numbers, Requesting a FTTF waitlist. 2 days later, I got email from Carnival that slots had opened. Please try it. Seemed that I got notification before the new slots were available to book online.

Good luck

GREAT!!!! Thanks sooooo much!!!!

It worked!!! I emailed them. They just emailed back and said they opened up 5 more slots. I jumped online and reserves it.

How early can we get to port and get on the ship? We are staying at the Westin - about 4 or 5 blocks from port.

So happy the email worked! You will be first to board with Suite and Diamond and Wedding passengers. Time to arrive at port depends on port. But most seem to get to the port by 11 am ish. Call Carnival and ask about your departure port.

Edited by lazycruzer

I was just going to give you that email and saw someone else had! So glad it worked for you! Last time when we had it, we got there around 10:30 and boarding started around 11:30 and went directly to our cabin! It was wonderful!

Don't listen to those that say it's not worth it. Only you can decide that. We aren't getting it for our next cruise because we don't have any tenders, but if you have tenders it is more than 100% worth it! Not to mention having your room ready! SO glad you got it!!!

We don't have tenders in any of our ports on our next cruise but we still got FTTF. We love the early boarding and debarkation but what we really like is being able to use the short platinum line instead of the normal looong line at the pursers desk. You will love it!:D

Good luck

Thank you for the tip, I just emailed, hopefully it will work.:)

It worked!!! I emailed them. They just emailed back and said they opened up 5 more slots. I jumped online and reserves it.

How early can we get to port and get on the ship? We are staying at the Westin - about 4 or 5 blocks from port.

Good going! Lucky you. I've got it too, for the first time. Seems like a good deal when you factor in tendering as well.