Tropical Storm Bertha

Fla Senior

The Carnival Cruise website reported today at 4 PM today (8/2) that the Port of San Juan remains closed to incoming traffic. They are in hopes this will change tomorrow and will update again at 10 AM (8/3).

Caribbean Princess announced today to their passengers on a Western Caribbean, they would skip their port stop at Princess Cays tomorrow because of Bertha and begin sailing West.

LuLu

We are also cruising Enchantment of the Sea, Royal Caribbean leaving tomorrow the 4th. I am posting to keep up with this. I can't pull up our reservation online for some reason, and then when I called I was on hold for an hour.... So no luck finding out if anything is possibly changing with them, or going to change with them at this point. We have a 4 hour drive to Port Canaveral in the morning already loll

We booked the stingray swim at Cococay and the deep water dolphin swim in Nassau... Hopefully nothing gets changed or interrupted...

Edited by rrrrall

We are also cruising Enchantment of the Sea, Royal Caribbean leaving tomorrow the 4th. I am posting to keep up with this. I can't pull up our reservation online for some reason, and then when I called I was on hold for an hour.... So no luck finding out if anything is possibly changing with them, or going to change with them at this point. We have a 4 hour drive to Port Canaveral in the morning already loll

We booked the stingray swim at Cococay and the deep water dolphin swim in Nassau... Hopefully nothing gets changed or interrupted...

Im also cruising Enchantment tomorrow, let me know if you get a hold of them. Hopefully everything will be fine :)

Aug.3 depart Baltimore, two sea days, Port Canavarel on Weds. Nassau on Thurs. Freeport on Fri. And sea day Sat. arrive in Baltimore Aug 10..Sunday.

Worried about a rough ride going down the East Coast.

Just returned from the Pride yesterday and I have never been seasick on any of my cruises til our first sea day on Monday. Starting early afternoon I noticed the pool water and the folks in the pool started moving back and forth and back and forth. I stood up to head over to the ice cream machine but realized I couldn't walk straight without holding on to something. Thank god my cabin was only one deck down.

Needless to say I missed the formal dinner and remained in bed til much later that night. Lying down helped a lot.

Just returned from the Pride yesterday and I have never been seasick on any of my cruises til our first sea day on Monday. Starting early afternoon I noticed the pool water and the folks in the pool started moving back and forth and back and forth. I stood up to head over to the ice cream machine but realized I couldn't walk straight without holding on to something. Thank god my cabin was only one deck down.

Needless to say I missed the formal dinner and remained in bed til much later that night. Lying down helped a lot.

Glad you made it back!'

Often folks don't understand that tropical storms which aren't classified as hurricanes still do cause extremely bad rocky seas.

LuLu

I've always loved stormy weather, both at home and at sea, and book forward cabins. Love the motion of the ocean. Until.... We were the last cruise out of the Port of New York (Caribbean Princess) before Hurricane Irene. Ship half full. Airport closed for hours and people couldn't get there. Parking lot closed. OMG Seasickness is no joke. Started as a little flutter of "whoa..." and I immediately took Bonine. Thankfully it took effect very quickly and the seasickness passed, but I will never again say "oh I LOVE it when it gets rough!" without remembering that day and realizing full well that seasickness happens to (almost) everyone.

Our first Sea day on Monday back in April was much like that. No tropical storm, but a thunderstorm and lots of wind.

It was amazing. I've told this story in another post, but my wife was stuck in bed. Me and the 4 year old enjoyed everything on the ship with no people around. You couldn't walk down the hall way without being knocked into a wall. It was great fun!

I did feel sorry for all the sick people losing a day of their vacation but it was a blast for those of us who weren't. We were in the pool riding waves back in forth for about an hour.