Wrong Balance Owing.

megsie

I booked per phone when the 2nd person goes for half fare promotion. The call centre man accepted my FCC as deposit and the agreed price was same as I had checked online with RCI. But the emailed confirmation did not make the discounted 2 nd person reduction thus adding thousands to the original price. Rang next day and all was rectified to original agreed cost. Received reminder final payment was due in 2 weeks (correct amount) and when I tried to pay online with RCI, the price had reverted to the wrongly quoted one. Rang, explained, they corrected again and on their suggestion paid via phone as per final invoice being correct amount. Balance now nil as per receipts/confirmation etc. but the balance online was showing it as part payment off the wrong price so I still had a balance. Once again this was corrected today and tonight on checking our itinerary on My Cruises RCI online it has again reverted to a hefty balance still owing. What bothers me is that we have all the emailed paperwork to say our cruise balance is nil and have printed Setsail passes and luggage tags but the infuriating computer will cancel our cruise in 10 days because it is showing a wrong balance still and it is printed as this is what will happen. I think at the close of day, the computer has reverted as an hour before it was correct. Have emailed for assistance but I really feel that unless it is rectified very soon we are going to lose our booking and suite because of this original mistake by RCI and the fact that it is not being rectified on the computer pay system properly. Do you think this could indeed happen?

I would call, get the outstanding balance rectified (again), and then not log into the website until your cruise. They have a serious problem with website access causing cruises to be re-priced.

Edited by clarea

Thanks for that information, Clarea. I'll phone again on Monday as the lines are closed until then (ringing from Australia). I don't seem to have any trouble getting the call centre overseas in correcting the situation, it seems the computer has a mind of its own. Just worried as we have a Grand Suite booked for the first time ever and so looking forward to it.

Thanks for that information, Clarea. I'll phone again on Monday as the lines are closed until then (ringing from Australia). I don't seem to have any trouble getting the call centre overseas in correcting the situation, it seems the computer has a mind of its own. Just worried as we have a Grand Suite booked for the first time ever and so looking forward to it.

I would also be sure to take a paper copy of your booking confirmation that shows a zero balance when you check-in. Good luck.:)