I loved Progresso!

taillon

Would I want to live there? No. But would I visit again? Yes! It was a quaint town. It was nice to just walk up and down all the streets and in all the shops. We sat at the beach at La St. Bonnet and had cokes and Coronas and just watched the beach. There were a lot of vendors but they would take "no thank you" for an answer. We took the $2 double decker bus tour...it was very informative and fun! It is all what you make it!

Would I want to live there? No. But would I visit again? Yes! It was a quaint town. It was nice to just walk up and down all the streets and in all the shops. We sat at the beach at La St. Bonnet and had cokes and Coronas and just watched the beach. There were a lot of vendors but they would take "no thank you" for an answer. We took the $2 double decker bus tour...it was very informative and fun! It is all what you make it!

I think you figured out what Progreso is all about. It ain't Cancun and it ain't Cozumel but it is REAL Mexico and it does have its own qualities. Also, it sure as hell makes you feel pretty good about your own circumstances.

With all of the money you will save in this port, take an extra $50 or so for a few Corona's or Sol's and buy other things from the locals. They aren't pushy or looking to rip you off, they're just trying to survive and provide for their families. Even if you don't need the stuff you can make more of a positive impact on the economy here than most other places.

I think you figured out what Progreso is all about. It ain't Cancun and it ain't Cozumel but it is REAL Mexico and it does have its own qualities. Also, it sure as hell makes you feel pretty good about your own circumstances.

With all of the money you will save in this port, take an extra $50 or so for a few Corona's or Sol's and buy other things from the locals. They aren't pushy or looking to rip you off, they're just trying to survive and provide for their families. Even if you don't need the stuff you can make more of a positive impact on the economy here than most other places.

This is so true. I really felt for the people there. They are working hard for so little! We bought from several vendors. Little whistles that are sitting on a table now and a couple cuban cigars....what are the chances that those are really cuban? Have no idea but I don't mind a bit giving a little money their way! And like you said it really makes a person thankful for what they have....our two teen boys really got their eyes opened!!!

Archived