Vancouver Skytrain Question

I'm hoping BCHappyGal will have the answer for us.

We're planning to do an Alaska cruise next year (Sept.) and staying @ the Best Western Chateau Granville for 2 nights prior to the cruise.

We have options in getting to Vancouver:

A) taking the Train from Toronto and then cabbing it to the Hotel upon arrival from the train station.

B) flying in and taking the Skytrain from the airport to the hotel, but after doing some research in locating the nearest stop to the hotel, it seems the closest is over 6 blocks away.

Not even thinking about walking it, we're not spring chickens anymore, so is there an easier ( and less expensive ) way in getting to out hotel's location besides a Taxi ?

There will 4 of us so if taking a cab is the only way, so be it.

thank you in advance ..... the Ump...:D

I'm hoping BCHappyGal will have the answer for us.

We're planning to do an Alaska cruise next year (Sept.) and staying @ the Best Western Chateau Granville for 2 nights prior to the cruise.

We have options in getting to Vancouver:

A) taking the Train from Toronto and then cabbing it to the Hotel upon arrival from the train station.

B) flying in and taking the Skytrain from the airport to the hotel, but after doing some research in locating the nearest stop to the hotel, it seems the closest is over 6 blocks away.

Not even thinking about walking it, we're not spring chickens anymore, so is there an easier ( and less expensive ) way in getting to out hotel's location besides a Taxi ?

There will 4 of us so if taking a cab is the only way, so be it.

thank you in advance ..... the Ump...:D

For four people; you're probably better off with a taxi. There's a $5 surcharge per person from the airport, in addition to the $4 Translink fare, so for $36 you can grab a taxi straight to your hotel.

If you did Skytrain (Canada Line) it, I would get off at Vancouver City Centre and walk the four blocks straight along Granville.

From the train station (which is located next to Main St on the Expo Line); Skytrain would drop you even further from the Chateau Granville; and a taxi would be cheap.

No problem. I mean there are ways to cut the fare down, but they may not be available next summer -- Translink are one year late in implementing a new fare card system - so I hate to think it might actually be working next year.

The Translink web site indicates there is a reduced fare for seniors, but I cannot find it. Any idea what the senior fare is (Canada Line, YVR to City Centre)? We will be arriving ca. 3 PM on a weekday.

ThanX!

$7.75

$2.75 concession fare + 5$ airport surcharge

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app