Dress Code on Diamond

Shannon1

Hello - we are thinking of taking the Diamond transatlantic trip in the spring of 2005 from San Juan to Madeira. We prefer "business casual" dress at dinner rather than "dress up". Does anyone know if most nights are in fact "business casual"? If so, we would be willing to eat in cabin on the small number of nights that were more dressy. Also, is there an alternative reataurant that we could attend without getting dressed up on the more formal nights?

I am assuming that daytime wear is casual. Correct??

Thanks for your help!!

I'll let you know when I get back from my trip in June on the Diamond.

We don't like dressup either, but my husband just bought a dark suit so I guess we're doing formal night!

I am imagining a bit less than "business casual". On the PG (which after all is tropical, so things are a bit less formal by definition), it's "country club casual", which can be a bit more relaxed and colourful than "business".

It might be a little dressier on a crossing, don't know, probably others do.

Wendy

PG May, 2000

PG April, 2003

Diamond, 14/06/04

I was on the Diamond a few weeks ago. It was only 5 days and had only one dress up night. But it was as dressy as you wanted to be. I wore a very simple black dress with a black shawl and felt fine (no gowns for me). Men should at least wear a jacket.

I wouldn't miss out on being on the Diamond or missing the Captain's Dinner because of dress code issues.

Archived