Freeport Plan...Can it be done?

GLKDS97

Hi. First time cruiser and poster here. We're on a 4 day Bahamas cruise and our first stop is in Freeport. Our ship gets in at 8am and departs at 5pm.

We're a group of 12 but my plan is only for some of us. The remainder of the group will be going straight to Lucaya for the Ocean Motion activities. I am big into snorkeling and am reading that Paradise Cove is the place to go. So would this work?

The Paradise Cove Beach Resort offers a $35 package including transportation to and from, plus snorkeling gear rental. Should I book this before arriving or can it be done when we arrive. If the weather is bad, we'd probably not want to snorkel the reef.

I hope we can get picked up shortly after arrival, snorkel at Paradise Cove til around noon or so, and then get the shuttle guy to take us to Lucaya where we meet up with the rest of the gang. We'd likely head back to the ship around 3pm just to make sure we get back on time.

Is there anything I'm overlooking, or do you have any advice as to whether this would work or not?

Thanks

Edited by GLKDS97

Hi GLKD- welcome to CC sorry no one answered. I have been to Paradise Cove but not to Port Lucaya so not really sure. What you are suggesting sounds doable to me. Not sure on what time the first shuttle back towards the port usually runs. That is probably something you email them and ask to make sure your plan could work.

Have a great cruise!

welcome to cruising, we have been to Paradise Cove several times and LOVE LOVE it.. surprised more people don't go there - contact Barry or his crew at Paradise Cove and sure he/they will accommodate you, it's a great place...

Nina from Baltimore

Thanks for the feedback! I've been in touch with Barry at Paradise Cove. He sounds very accommodating and has said that shuttling to Port Lucaya is not a problem (for a small $6 fee). He said he'll have someone pick us up at 9 a.m.

Here's a few things I'm still wondering (being a first timer and all)

How much time should we plan on for snorkeling at Paradise Cove? I'd imagine we'd be in

the water by 10 a.m. Would a couple hours be about right?

If the ship docks at 8 a.m., is there usually a bit of a rush to get off the ship?

And what's the best breakfast plan if you need to meet your driver at 9 a.m.?

If the ship leaves at 5 p.m., how early should we be back?

Thanks!